This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7

Hii guys , pls is there any approximate release date for the fenix 7 or venu 3 at least will it be in 2021 ? thank you 

• You get a clear 'no' for the venu3 this year. There wont be released more than once a year.
    Fenix 7? Nobody knows. Its rumured since novembre 2020 with several rumured releasedates. Could be tomorrow, or next year...

• Tomorrow for the Fenix 7 and next month for the Venu 43.

Seriously, we don't have this information ... and the Venu 2 with Connect IQ 4 capcities has been released in april 2021.

• any approximate release date for the fenix 7

There will be no fenix 7. The next version will be a fenix 8. But that is also just speculation.

• If you look around online at all the various rumors, you'll see that Fenix 7 will be released any time between Summer 2020 and Winter 2022. I've even seen many reports confidently saying it will definitely come out in Spring 2021. You'll note that many of those dates have already come and gone, which means only one thing.

Lots of people are full of it, and nobody actually has a clue.

Garmin generally doesn't announce new products until the day they hit the store shelves. Literally, they'll ship them to stores and make them sign non-disclosures about it until after release day. This is different than, say, Apple who announces their watches weeks or even months before they're available to purchase. They also differ from Apple in that they don't release watches on a predictable schedule - they seem to just release watches whenever they're ready, whenever that happens to be. Sometimes it's around a trade show, sometimes it's around a race or holiday, sometimes it's just a random tuesday.

So the only people who know anything about the release date are Garmin staff (who aren't going to tell us), and possibly retailers and early reviewers (who also aren't going to tell us) who might already have the Fenix 7 in their hands today (...or might not).

• fair enough buddy

• "who might already have the Fenix 7 in their hands today (...or might not)."

are you saying you might or might not have a Fenix 7 Joy

• I definitely do not Smiley

But whenever DCRainmaker, 5krunner, etc post their reviews of a new Garmin watch on the day of release, they always note that they got a "media loaner" several weeks in advance. But of course, they're bound by Garmin's rules to keep quiet about it, or they'll get blacklisted from receiving advance watches from Garmin in the future.

• This is purely conjecture but I have noticed that my closest Best Buy has removed the Fenix 6 off their shelves and a few other outlets were offering a discount on their current stock. Smells like running out or running down of stock before a model refresh. Or it could be complete coincidence and mean nothing…

• But whenever DCRainmaker, 5krunner, etc post their reviews of a new Garmin watch on the day of release, they always note that they got a "media loaner" several weeks in advance. But of course, they're bound by Garmin's rules to keep quiet about it, or they'll get blacklisted from receiving advance watches from Garmin in the future.

And I for one appreciate the fact that they are able to post the results of their hands-on testing on release date, rather than just regurgitating the press release which a lot of other "reviewers" do.