Battery issues after update 19.20

After updating my Fenix 6X to version 19.20, my battery is draining extremely fast. I took my watch off the charger at 0600 this morning with 100% and by 1400 it was already down to 70% charge. Before the update I would maybe be at 97%. I haven’t even used the device to track any activity, listen to music, and my pulse ox is turned off. 

• Congrats on starting a monster thread :) and exposing serious issues with Garmin when it comes to know knowing if their issue is hardware or software related.  I hope you got your issue fixed?

Either way, sorry to enter the fray, but I had the same issue for 2 days straight after autoupdate to v20 and I don't anymore.

What I did was to use Garmin Express to update my maps, which is something I have never done before because I never need them. Also, Express said it couldn't synch two of my .fit files, so I deleted them manually. Charged it back to 100% and first it didnt drain at all for almost 10h, now it is back to a typical 0.3%/h rate. Hope this may help anyone who is still dealing with this. Also apologize if this was already suggested, but I didn't feel like wading through 45 pags of thread! Slight smile

Happy days!

• BTW I do not think 20.01 is actually beta, as I can't find the Device Usage widget in it - any one else?

• Congrats on starting a monster thread :) and exposing serious issues with Garmin when it comes to know knowing if their issue is hardware or software related.  I hope you got your issue fixed?

Either way, sorry to enter the fray, but I had the same issue for 2 days straight after autoupdate to v20 and I don't anymore.

What I did was to use Garmin Express to update my maps, which is something I have never done before because I never need them. Also, Express said it couldn't synch two of my .fit files, so I deleted them manually. Charged it back to 100% and first it didnt drain at all for almost 10h, now it is back to a typical 0.3%/h rate. Hope this may help anyone who is still dealing with this. Also apologize if this was already suggested, but I didn't feel like wading through 45 pags of thread! Slight smile

Happy days!

• Sorry, but it's not maps - Garmin request that you delete the .img files before sending them the /Garmin folder otherwise it's too big to e-mail.

I have 3 Fenix 6 devices here....i even copied files from 1 device to another and back again.

Red herring - sorry!

• So I am just about to send Garmin another set of logs - but as a picture says 1000 words here are 2 pictures 24 hours apart. 

F6X on 20.01, F6 Titanium on 15.20 - 47 minutes of indoor riding only in this 24 hour period.

For anyone who didn't see my rollback to 15.20, the F6 Titanium would also drain rapidly prior to rollback (not quite as bad though, it lasted 4 to 5 days rather than 3)

• No, they never sent me any of this. I hope that here in Italy they have understood that this is not 
    a problem for a few people.
    But I'm sorry to say, in Italy we are always light years behind.
  • With 20.03 version I have a battery consumption of 10% in 5 hours!

• With 20.03 version I have a battery consumption of 10% in 5 hours!

I still see the drain - while I am trying to avoid clogging this thread up, if you look at the 20.03 thread while I am mostly tracking altimeter, I see about 25-30% power drain per day.

Garmin Outdoor team have acknowledged the latest logs I sent on the 29th December from 20.01 - I am running 20.03 for about 2 days now and over that period the watch is down from 100% to 31%, so I think we see the same problem - extremely rapid drain when the watch really isn't doing much apart from showing a watchface?

My side, 15.20 is still working perfectly for me on my main watch, so I'm content to wait.

As always, I would suggest you also provide logs to Garmin, a post here won't really progress things without providing any evidence / logs etc.