Fenix 6 Series - 17.75 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

17.75 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed issue with connecting ANT/BLE sensors when phone connection disabled via power modes.
  • Fixed issue with configuring map state. (Only applies to tactix Delta)
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.30
Sensor Hub: 8.00
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• My issues at the moment are:

- Optical wrist heart rate is totally crap. I have given up on that... using a HRM strap now which works good.

- Pace/Speed/Distance problems, this affects everything regarding training effect etc. I have given up on that also. I'm working on a custom data field to get a more correct Pace/Speed/distance reading, but, because I cant override the built-in Pace/Speed/Distance my data field will never correct all problems related to this problem/bug. Hopefully Garmin fix it later on. But they are totally silent about it...

Otherwise I'm really happy with my Fenix 6 Pro Solar.

• I'm using your datafield, great so far

• Thanks! It still needs some improvements but works rather good already. Will probably improve the algorithm in a week or two.

• Please, fix PusleOx auto on after using  CIQ App.

• automatically send heart rate on activity don't work in this beta

• I've noticed some weird behavior in 17.74 and 17.75 sw. When I'm running upward slope that lasts ~2 min and my heart rate is usually ~90% of max when reaching the top, with these two last sw versions my heart rate starts to go down rapidly in the middle of ascending and goes down ~20-30bpm and then slowly rises again after I've already passed the peak. HR reading was working fine with official sw 16.70.

I'm using HRM-Pro strap, so it's not about having bad optical reading.

Has anyone else noticed similar issues?

• 1 – Running cadence [steps/min] now displays as cycling cadence [revs/min] in 3rd party data fields. I’ve tried a few from different app developers. Instead of ‘180’ being displayed, the value is halved, displaying ‘90’.

2 Reported this previously… If I finish an activity, then start another [Cardio to Run], occasionally my sensors won’t connect [HR and Stryd]. The only way to resolve the issue is to re-boot the watch [turn off/turn on]

• Regarding (1), I had the same issue with a couple of my data fields (Running Partner, Sports Partner) on the Garmin store. I had to double the value returned by the Garmin API and upload both data fields again. I still haven't done the same fix on my YAC Cadence data field in order to have a way to test both scenarios. I'll have to wait until Garmin stabilizes the API. You can test the Running Partner data field and verify that cadence is counting both legs (i.e. is the double).

• 1 – Running cadence [steps/min] now displays as cycling cadence [revs/min] in 3rd party data fields. I’ve tried a few from different app developers. Instead of ‘180’ being displayed, the value is halved, displaying ‘90’.

yeah- I'm so used to the standard ~180ish running cadence, it's a bit disconcerting to see it at 90.  Don't know why they made this change.  Not that it's a huge issue, but I'd prefer the more standard cadence reference number.  

• Has it happened to you that your Garmin Fenix 6 Pro on 17.75b duplicated an activity during sync?
    By this I mean that I first did a sync via bluetooth of an activity between watch and smartphone, and then I plugged the watch into USB and it sync the activity again, duplicating it.