Fenix 6 Series - 17.75 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

17.75 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed issue with connecting ANT/BLE sensors when phone connection disabled via power modes.
  • Fixed issue with configuring map state. (Only applies to tactix Delta)
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.30
Sensor Hub: 8.00
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Thanks! The pulse oximeter sensor will no longer turn on itself?

• The 6X Pro archive contains a spurious subfolder containing old software. And I think this was mentioned in another thread, but even though there is a folder titled GPSUpdate_580, the actual GPS software version installed is 5.30Seems like a mistake made by whoever built the Beta distribution file.

Listing of the archive with what I think are the "extra" files in red italics below:

Fenix6XPro_6XProSolar_1775Beta/Fenix6XPro/GPSUpdate_580/006B310701.GCD
    Fenix6XPro_6XProSolar_1775Beta/Fenix6XPro/SystemBackdate_1670/GUPDATE.gcd
    Fenix6XPro_6XProSolar_1775Beta/Fenix6XPro/SystemUpdate_1773/GUPDATE.GCD
    Fenix6XPro_6XProSolar_1775Beta/GPSUpdate_580/006B310701.GCD
    Fenix6XPro_6XProSolar_1775Beta/SystemBackdate_1670/GUPDATE.gcd
    Fenix6XPro_6XProSolar_1775Beta/SystemUpdate_1775/GUPDATE.GCD

Actual versions on my 6X Pro Sapphire after installation:

Software: 17.75
    GPS: 5.30
    Wi-Fi: 2.60
    CIQ: 3.2.6
    BMX: 1.0.2
    WHR: 1.00.02
    ANT/BLE/BT: 6.11
    Sensor Hub: 8.00

• I was reached out to by the beta team. If you're getting either the pulse ox auto switch on, or sensor disconnects - reach out to them via  [email protected] and send them a line... For me anyway, I'm definitely seeing a tapering off of the Pulse Ox problem and my quick test of the power profiles has not shown the phone disconnecting killing the sensors bug.

• It looks to me as if the power profile bug with it not being able to hold sensor connection if you activate phone disconnect is definitely fixed. 90 minute run with a power profile that disconnected the phone and not a single drop out. Pulse Ox also didn’t spontaneously switch on after

was using Tempe, HRM RUN and my UA Hovr (BT foot pod) all were rock solid throughout the 90 minutes

• The faulty folder name for GPSUpdate_580 have been reported in 17.72, 17.73 and 17.74 release threads and apparently still not fixed.

• Went for a slow 6k run with 17.75, no new problems detected on my Fenix 6X Pro Solar Titanium.

, have you done any changes to the pace calculations? It felt like it worked slightly better now but I'm not sure if it was a lucky run or if you made some modifications related to that. Still got the odd pace dropouts though.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago

it is worse than in the previous version: the SPO2 sensor systematically starts up after each activity, and the general autonomy is less good (4% loss last night compared to 2% previously)

• OWS same for me. I did not try out 17.75. But with 17.74 and new GPS 5.30 nothing changed. It looks as bad as it was before.
    The F5 is after lots of patches much better than the F6. The F6 always shows 5 bars on GPS quality during the whole swim and
    only records few GPS positions. The GPS quality bar is a programming joke.
    Question to Garmin. Are there any intentions to fix the bad OWS behaviour of the F6X.