hint at Fenix 7?

Bugatti presented his watch (stres, vo2 max, spO2 and other). Three models - and in one of them the dial is very similar to the Garmin’s Fenix6. If this is true, then the interesting screen resolution of the Bugatti’s  watch is 390 by 390, 16 mln colors, touchscreen. Hint at Fenix7?

• latest info suggests fenix 7 to be announced late july/mid august.
    we'll have to wait and see.

I read it was supposed to be announced this August but Garmin pushed back to 2022 due to electronics shortage. Source: a Garmin sales worker on FB

• From this we can deduce 2 things.

First one is positive, plenty of time to polish software.

Second one no so positive, hardware and other stuff will be outdated. And in time of release there will be newer and better hardware... but you know every company has the same problem.

• Would be awesome if you could do that for altitude also. Love my fenix3 hr but its way past warranty and altimeter stopped working. (I tried all the usual fixes) having it use terrain altitude would have been a blessing. 

• You could use it like a Fenix 6, but you don't need to have the screen on 24/7.  Think about it.  Outside of doing an activity, how often do we look at the watch face daily?  You check the time and notifications.  That's accumulative of maybe 10-20 minutes a day?  The average person's workout is an hour a day.  So, looking at the specs it wouldn't last 12-14 days, but you also wouldn't have to charge every 1-2 days.  It's not an either or choice between the two.  It's still not something I'd be interested in, but people charge cell phones daily and I'm sure many wouldn't mind charging every 4-5 days with an AMOLED screen. 

I have thought about it. I've even tried it. The auto wake up is very hit and miss - 50% of the time in my experience you have to press a button to wake the screen up. Also sometimes I want to see the time without moving my wrist.  So for me always-on is better and worth the less-good-indoors look.  Also, at the moment, I'm in the south of France and AMOLED here sucks, especially if your wearing sunglasses, whereas the Fenix LCD screen is easy to read. 

As with Nike shoes, however, there are plenty of people who don't really use a sports watch but want to look like they do. These are the ones who will buy Bugatti OLED watches. 

• Not worried about the display as much, more features/health/modernize.  Also assume they can calibrate the battery/screen to be efficient in GPS modes.  Maybe they even offer an endurance mode (or watch) seeing a majority are doing activities that are much shorter then 10h.

There is already an existing option in the Power Manager for Display Timeout (turns off the screen entirely - with Gesture reactivation). Extends GPS run times on my F6Pro by about 6 hours.

• How quick is the display turn on with gesture? 6 hours is pretty tempting...

• 7 will be out this year

All will be solar

Allready ordered mine ( told uncle to save me one whit maps, any ) got runover and, received the money i payed for my 5 in full Grin

I know someone from a very big company, in germany, a family member

So... just wanted to spread the good news

• Trying to understand this. You've ordered and paid for

my 5 in full

Is this a typo? One assumes it is. Also keen to know what version you have ordered? What features on the forthcoming F7 has induced you to pay for one before release?

• I'm skeptical, since this would hardly be the first time that someone claimed to have inside connections at Garmin and knows all about the upcoming Fenix 7, but I'm optimistic that you're right. I've been itching to upgrade my now-2-years-old Fenix 6X for quite a while now.

I still love my 6X, but there are a few upgrades the 7X might offer that would definitely make me bite. Solar+sapphire, bigger screen, etc.

The Marq/945/F6 platform is now a quarter of a decade old (seems nuts when it's worded it like that, eh?), so it's almost certain that a revamped new model will be appearing in Q3/Q4 this year, I hope.