hint at Fenix 7?

Bugatti presented his watch (stres, vo2 max, spO2 and other). Three models - and in one of them the dial is very similar to the Garmin’s Fenix6. If this is true, then the interesting screen resolution of the Bugatti’s  watch is 390 by 390, 16 mln colors, touchscreen. Hint at Fenix7?

• Dang, that watchface is a blatant ripoff of Garmin Fenix.

In any case, this bugatti watch has nothing to do with Garmin. It looks to be made by a boutique smartwatch company called VIITA that isn't related to Garmin, and seems to be one of those indie-gogo / kickstarter type of deals (like the now-defunct Pebble was). In fact the entire watch looks like a total ripoff of the Fenix.

Anyways, it's got an AMOLED screen. So the short answer is no, it's not indicative of the next Fenix, because Garmin is (hopefully) not going to use AMOLED in a Fenix. Fenix buyers need an always on, sunlight-readable display and a battery that lasts 2+ weeks, and AMOLED screens don't allow that.

• Well Amoled screen and 14 days battery life, that is impressive. Price is simmilar to fenix series. But my fear is if sensors (HR, GPS...) works correctly or not like at fenix. Time will tell. I will never again buy watch at first day like i bought fenix6.

• Guess not. The software dosent look like the garmin "We do that since years and we wont change it" Desktop. And why should Bugatti make a kikckstarter projekt out of that if there will be garmin in the background? Dosent make sense. I think if you buy a F7 in the first 30 weeks you get alpha-software because Garmin is not felxible enough to manage new thing in short times.

www.slashgear.com/.../

• Well Amoled screen and 14 days battery life, that is impressive

Well the new Garmin Venu 2 does that, too, but it's not exactly as impressive as it sounds. To actually get 14 days, you have to keep the screen off when you're not using it (or have it use an ultra-low-power watchface), and basically not use the watch for anything except telling time. If you used it like a Fenix 6, with the screen turned always on, and actually recording activities with it once in a while, the battery will last 1-2 days at the most.

I mean, I could make the claim that my Google Pixel 3 smartphone can last 2 weeks on a battery charge, too. All I have to do is put it in Airplane mode and turn on battery saver, and not use it. That's basically how every AMOLED smartwatch is justifying their claims of 2+ days of battery life.

The unfortunate reality is, AMOLED absolutely eats batteries, in every device, period. And there is no avoiding it. The only thing that can be done to slow down how quickly AMOLED eats batteries, is to play tricks where the screen stays turned off as much as possible throughout the day. For most Fenix users, that would not be an acceptable solution.

• If you used it like a Fenix 6, with the screen turned always on, and actually recording activities with it once in a while, the battery will last 1-2 days at the most.

You could use it like a Fenix 6, but you don't need to have the screen on 24/7.  Think about it.  Outside of doing an activity, how often do we look at the watch face daily?  You check the time and notifications.  That's accumulative of maybe 10-20 minutes a day?  The average person's workout is an hour a day.  So, looking at the specs it wouldn't last 12-14 days, but you also wouldn't have to charge every 1-2 days.  It's not an either or choice between the two.  It's still not something I'd be interested in, but people charge cell phones daily and I'm sure many wouldn't mind charging every 4-5 days with an AMOLED screen. 

• Tbh it looks really nice.  Wouldn't jump due to the garmin ecosystem being so developed.  It it good to have competition and it looks like improved health stats and hardware over the 5/6.  Hope some 7 info starts coming out soon, getting the itch.

• Not me. I think for endurance use, amoled isn't the display I want in a fenix. They're already moving away from the endurance battery sipping ideal in parts. It's not the time between charges that matter but the time in GPS activities. I don't think in an activity an amoled can deliver that 10 hour plus with GPS with maps et al. 

I think if amoled goes anywhere it would be with the Marq series

• Not worried about the display as much, more features/health/modernize.  Also assume they can calibrate the battery/screen to be efficient in GPS modes.  Maybe they even offer an endurance mode (or watch) seeing a majority are doing activities that are much shorter then 10h.

• seeing a majority are doing activities that are much shorter then 10h.

Perhaps, but the Fenix's roots lie in endurance and ultra running. The Fenix is the only long endurance watch with maps. Take away the endurance and there's little impetus to buy it over a (say) Suunto 9 Peak for ultra.