FENIX 7 must haves the wearable killer

Hello,

1.The Fenix 7 needs to be comfortable for sleep and have a ir diode vs a green one:

- make an elastic strap (put on upper arm), when I wear the f7x all day, I get rashes

-have a different diode for sleep (like oura infra red which is invisible) that is invisible so no impact on sleep (green does decrease melatonin). 

-maybe have an app that let's you use your oura ring vs the watch (or an accessory that is comfortable...the watch on 24h even during sleep in not fun)

2. Have an amoled screen and hybrid touch screen that you can deactivate by pressing a button

make it bigger, brighter ...

3. Have a speaker on it (to scare bears in the woods)

4.Let it calculate velocity like the PUSH band for strenght workouts (or have an app)

5. Have Vo2max on all activities ...even resting like polar

6. Make it thinner 

These elements will make it the best...(just the sleep alone would!)

• Sigh, people with their crazy expectations.

Scare bears, W-T-F?!

• This is a real problem or pumas while running.

Btw, the white ir light for sleep is brilliant.

Maybe add levels of vibration power for more enjoyment

• I'll probably like a touch screen addition, but definitely not the AMOLED screen. You can buy Venu with AMOLED screen. Slight smile

Make it thinner and put a big speaker inside, so that it can scare bears, ha! Joy

• I get there's " a lot of lost in translation" because people from all around the world use this forum, but I would have thought sarcasm was international,  Some of these replies make me say WTF?   It seems quite obvious what people are serious about and what's a joke.

• Here is a perhaps novel idea. Fenix has so many features that I could care less about, but it is mediocre at a few features that I care about the most - basically jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

What I really want to see is introduction of profiles. During setup Garmin lets me pick a primary sport or activity or perhaps a few sports and activities, and the watch is configured to really focus on those activities - that applies not only to the watch user interface, but also to optimization of algorithms. 

I want to want to select "trail running" as my primary activity and the the watch being configured to be the best possible trail running watch it can be. That means, for example, that GPS processing algorithms should be tuned for the most accurate distance and speed on trails (specifically, when running on trails) as opposed to the most accurate distance on road as the watch seems to be doing now. Another example is that the map rendering should be optimized for the best possible readability when running and when the lighting conditions aren't optimal (e.g. running in shaded areas). That means that the map contrast should be much higher and perhaps all lines on the map are thicker in exchange for a lower level of details. At the same time I want to see not a single trace of Golf and some other crap that I could care less about.

I understand that other users will likely have different preferences, but pre-built profiles could be used to optimize the watch to a few typical groups of users. Finally there could be a generic profile where the watch would be what it is today.

• 1) touchscreen for write short text messages 

• 1) touchscreen and txt reply on messages /gps adresses etc... 2) functional outdoor thermometer  3) watchface customization on interactive UI, not text descriptions of fields 4) data fields setting Sunglassese same as 3. 5) save/restore data fields and other settings on new watch 6) functional sleep detection - measure sleep when I sleep, also during a day... 7) body battery on watchfaces 7) I dont needSunglassesmoled but maybe use TFT with higher resolition to be able show photos on notification...  Have a nice day Sunglasses

• I deem the biggest restriction of Garmin wearables including Fenix 6 line is the max 2 CIQ datafields per  each sport activity.

So beyond joking and laughing Fenix 7 should be developed in a way that this limit would be around 4 or 5.

Seriously speaking I dont understand at all why this limit of 2, which may have been justifiable for earlier watches like Fenix, is still valid for newer watches which have stronger hardware, I mean faster CPU.

And nevertheless a not so cunning programmer can easily code one simpler datafield in a more CPU consuming way than another does implement 3 or 4 more complex datafields

• I thought it was New Years Day, not April fools day :) This post was a good laugh...