Indoor Row Connecting to Concept2 FE-C as "Trainer"

Hey all, just wanted to point out that my F6 Sapphire is doing ANT FE-C discovery on Indoor Row - is there an expectation that Indoor Row should be pulling power, stroke, or speed data into the activity from this?

If so, that'd be amazing in the futurejust saying : )

Parents
  • To wet the appetite of those who are wary of installing beta software (although I've rarely experienced serious issues with the Fenix betas and 12.77 beta seems fine to me so far).  I'm really happy with how this has been implemented by Garmin, having just done a pyramid intervals workout (as per the first screen grab below) on my Concept 2 rower, using a workout from Connect executed on my Fenix 6X Pro Solar; it all 'just worked'!   The data recorded by my Fenix 6X aligns with that recorded by the PM5 and uploaded to the Concept 2 Logbook, so a good confidence check there too.

I grabbed some screenshots from the Fenix 6X along the way too, to show the sort of functionality that works when executing a workout (target zone gauge was all good).  The only thing that was a little inconsistent is that the workout steps were listed in miles (rather than metres) and the pace shown in the top half of the workout gauge was in mph (rather than min/500m); that said, all of the new data fields were in the correct units for rowing, so the workout step and gauge units are not a particular problem in reality.  I found the distance countdown for each interval (lower half of the gauge screenshots below) displayed correctly in metres and worked perfectly, as did the time countdown for the recovery and cooldown steps.  Even the 500m auto laps kicked in as they should.  For me there's very little to fault and everything to praise on the whole!

• Pace vs target pace workout 'gauge' with distance count down:

• Recovery count down:

• Some of the new data fields (Listed top to bottom and left to right: HR | Power | Strokes/min | Pace in min/500m | Timer | Time of Day | Distance in metres).

• The result I wanted from a pyramid interval workout!
  • To wet the appetite of those who are wary of installing beta software (although I've rarely experienced serious issues with the Fenix betas and 12.77 beta seems fine to me so far).  I'm really happy with how this has been implemented by Garmin, having just done a pyramid intervals workout (as per the first screen grab below) on my Concept 2 rower, using a workout from Connect executed on my Fenix 6X Pro Solar; it all 'just worked'!   The data recorded by my Fenix 6X aligns with that recorded by the PM5 and uploaded to the Concept 2 Logbook, so a good confidence check there too.

I grabbed some screenshots from the Fenix 6X along the way too, to show the sort of functionality that works when executing a workout (target zone gauge was all good).  The only thing that was a little inconsistent is that the workout steps were listed in miles (rather than metres) and the pace shown in the top half of the workout gauge was in mph (rather than min/500m); that said, all of the new data fields were in the correct units for rowing, so the workout step and gauge units are not a particular problem in reality.  I found the distance countdown for each interval (lower half of the gauge screenshots below) displayed correctly in metres and worked perfectly, as did the time countdown for the recovery and cooldown steps.  Even the 500m auto laps kicked in as they should.  For me there's very little to fault and everything to praise on the whole!

• Pace vs target pace workout 'gauge' with distance count down:

• Recovery count down:

• Some of the new data fields (Listed top to bottom and left to right: HR | Power | Strokes/min | Pace in min/500m | Timer | Time of Day | Distance in metres).

• The result I wanted from a pyramid interval workout!
Children