11.10 Battery drain - support is not support

Hi all,

so support is not answering to my questions and the try to answer me with “systems answer”. 

Battery drain is big after 11.10 update. 

I tried remove Garmin device file. Factory reset device after unpairing device and watch, I was sure don’t install CIQ apps that can propably cause problem. 

Nothing works and Garmin is not able to write me: Sorry, we made bad update, we will fix it in next week. 

Is it normal from support? When OnePlus phones started I had problems and support worked in same way, but after year they started collecting bug reports and their device now work like a charm. Why? Because their software are tested by professional big hunters. 

• I don't have experience with Garmin support outside of the US but I've almost always gotten better results with them by calling instead of emailing. I've had very good results with their phone support in the past, but like I said that's in the US so things might be different in other countries. Still might be worth giving them a call.

• I call them 2 days ago. They said me that I must make RMA request. Why? Why? My watch worked flawlessly until they made this stupid update!

• You may want to wait until Monday to return it. Somebody mentioned (although it was not from Garmin, and I am not sure if it was a serious comment) that a fix may be published today or tomorrow.

I will also do the last, last, last test before returning it, downgrading both the firmware and the BT/BLE and Sensor Hub, and will post the results here, most probably tomorrow morning.

• No luck. I downgraded to 10.10 ANT/BLE/BT: 5.04 Sensor hub 7.4. Still get the same drain. 
    Even with the battery saver mode (only OHR, not BT, no Wifi, no OX, no nothing) I still
    get 1% drain per hour without activities. 
    I couldn't downgrade GPS, Wifi and the rest,
    so the problem may be there.

Will switch to my trusty 
    Fenix 3 and see if they post a solution by this weekend while
    ask Support for a replacement.

• Yesterday I have only 3% drain in run activity for one hour. I don’t know, but maybe my problem is fixed. I didn’t do nothing. So don’t know how to help you. 

• I don't have such dramatic drain as someone describes, but since some updates I notice significant reduction in battery life. I would say, that despite the fact I am not doing any training. I would say like 10 days in just watch use of Fenix 6X.

• Hopefully so, but in my case the issue is when the watch is idle. While doing activities a few days ago,
    the drain was actually more or less as usual. And then over the night with all off I would lost 10%
    battery. Did you stopped having battery drain after the activity? I was avoiding doing activities since
    I wanted to monitor the battery drain in idle, and also because now is back to factory presets.
    Maybe I should try.

• I have it all day only in weekend. At week days I use it only for activities, but yesterday I have 100%, turn it on at 2pm and at 4pm I went run for one hour. After run I had 96% battery and after 4 hours I have still 96% battery. I have only turned off PulseOX, with pulseox ON I have about 30% battery drain in one hour of activity (Stryd paired, GPS + Galileo, Auto-Pause). Will try it today with Inline Skating app if my problem is gone and post result. 

•  So look at this. 1 hour activity, used battery -3,266%. It seems my problem is solved, but don’t know solution. I did factory reset, after reset, battery drain still appeared and now it works as it should. 

• If you ever experience quicker than normal battery drain after a new software update on any Fenix series watch, the issue will often be resolved by resetting your watch. Hold down your top left power button until it shuts off. If still an issue, go to System > Reset and reset the watch.