Battery drain fast

after recent software update, My fenix 6 sapphire battery drain so fat that one night 40% battery run off. would you please advise what's wrong? thanks!

• True. Nothing, no music, maps, navigation. Just a slow run according to a Garmin coach with activated GPS and a paired HR sensor. Actually, it was a 4 hour loss, not 3hrs. The counter went down one more hour seconds after I posted this. Now drainage has slowed down again. Thus for me the battery drain seems to be related to exercise.

Another thing I noticed: I take my phone along on runs as the distance measured by the watch is rubbish. And just because. My phone all of a sudden also drains ridiculously fast. Bluetooth is activated of course to also get the HR data. Garmin Connect app is not only in the background but closed down. App refresh deactivated.

• This is the same behaviour I'm seeing. No music, maps, nav, pulseox...just GPS and wrist HR while walking and the battery drains ridiculously fast (15-20% per hr). When not exercising, battery usage is normal (ie: .25-.35% per hr).

I don't even have to start the activity for it to spike. I can select walk for example, and back out a few seconds later and then check the battery usage in the widget and the battery usage value "since last view" will have skyrocketed.

• I don't have a specific app to monitor this, but the observation seems to be in line with mine. I factory-reset my watch this morning (what a mess), and optimistically put all data and settings back onto it. I'll go running tonight and will see what happens. So far, without activity all is running as it should be. If the run again messes with my battery then I try it again without my old data/stuff. I have a multi-hour cycle ride planned for tomorrow. If this is not fixed then I'm sure I won't make it home before the battery runs dry. Let alone a 7 day trip abroad where I didn't plan to bring the charger (but didn't plan any running or cyling, and mostly just sightseeing).

• Update: went on a 20 minute walk to run an errand. So far things look ok, but I didn't take my phone along. I also see a big battery drain on my phone when bluetooth is active all of a sudden. Makes me wonder if there's a connection. Lets see after my run tonight.

• To add another data point I've been experiencing similar issues lately. The most recent time was yesterday when I had 2 workouts for the day, a 2500 yard pool swim and an approximately one hour bike ride. When I started my swim I had over 30% charge left and the swim activity was without external sensors of any kind, just the wrist HR, and GPS off. It took a little under an hour and when I was done I was down to 15%. 30 minutes later I started my ride and it was at 14%, but that should be enough for well over an hour. I had an ANT+ power meter and HR chest strap paired with GPS on. My phone was also connected during the ride. The watch shutdown about halfway through the ride due to the battery being completely drained.

I've done most of the usual steps recommended to fix battery drain issues short of a factory reset, that may be my next move though I was hoping to avoid it since I don't want to have to reconfigure everything again. Something weird is definitely going on with my watch though since I got it at launch I do wonder if some of it is the battery wearing out over the almost 2 years I've had it. I'm training for an Ironman this fall so before then I'll either have to find a solution or replace it with a new watch that will be able to last the race duration.

• I've always had my phone with me. Will try without my phone and report back.

• I purchased my watch shortly after launch so it's over 2yrs old as well. That said, I had no battery issues until the 16.60 update was applied. My watch was wiped during the downgrade back to 15.20 an it's still exhibiting the same sever battery drain during activities.

• I only have this watch since April I think. Thus no, the drain can't be due to repeated charge and use. Just battery degradation might be an option still, but I'm not convinced.

• After some frustrating weeks and battery drain / charging gymnastics along with reinstalling different versions of the software I finally decided to reset my Fenix to factory and start over.

Sporadic drainage during no activity to major drain using GPS for golf and walking, plus indoor strength workout tracking lead me to this final straw yesterday.

Backup and sync watch to Garmin APP.

Did a hard reset at 9pm last night.  Software 16.70.

Finished charging to 100%.

Bed at 11pm.

Up at 5am.........battery still at 100%!!!

Golf 6-730am using GPS and golf app on watch only 1% used.

2pm as of this writing and I am at 95% charge.

Summary;

15 hours since reset and charge.  Only 5% used.

Sadly this trashed any watch faces and activities I created.  But at least working flawlessly now.

My two cents on the frustrating issue.

• i have a diff problem since 16.60. in activity i seeno diff, out of activity, normal watch mode on the 6x pro iam between 10 to 15%a day. it used to be 3 to 5% a day