Solar charging stopped working

Hi 

my solar charging is not working anymore since one week on my fenix 6x pro solar.

is it a hardware failure ?

i did two hard reset, still not working.

All days are sunny days. Last time it worked was on July 6.

• I have had the same thing over the past months. I tried the system reset, restore default settings today and at first glance it seems to have solved it. It was a pain as I had to build my apps and widgets back up from scratch but definitely better than returning the watch. For the last few hours I’ve been getting solar readings.

Will report back in a few days.

• Unfortunately it didn’t last. Watch is now being exchanged by Garmin.

• Hi Chris,

I have the same problem, I bought it on EBAY, must I understand that I have to put it or I think or do you have another solution (FW old version for example)? if so the Garmin forum moderator will have some work to do for a long time ...

•  

If basic troubleshooting does not work to resolve a solar charging issue, then that Fenix 6 series solar watch has a hardware issue and must be returned to vendor, warranty exchanged through us, or refunded back through Ebay with their guarantees.

If there should ever be a software update with an accidental bug and solar charging does not work, it will be immediately apparent since every watch owner worldwide will have the same issue at the same time once updated.

• Having the same problem that started around August. Customer support just gave me the run around. Either it's a software issue & they don't want to admit it or it's hardware based on the tests I ran. Under direct sunlight I get nothing & it started around August specially after I updated the watch. The updates after didn't change anything. I'm gonna end up sending it back.

• My sincere apologies for any confusion on our end when you spoke with Outdoor Product Support. This issue was long ago determined to be a hardware only issue if solar charging stops on any of our Fenix 6 series solar watches.

Please reach out again to us and request your watch be warranty exchanged. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the hardware failure.

• Hi, solar charging stopped working right after upgrading to software version 13.10.

Despite my numerous emails, Garmin France After-Sales are not answering.

The coincidence is rather surprising. My understanding is that it could either be :

1. Software version 13.10 has a bug
    2. Software update damaged the hardware ?!
    3. The hardware problem was already existing but previous software version was incorrectly letting me think solar charging was working well

What do you think?

What shall I do to get support / replacement for my watch?

• Hi. I had ther same issue and had the watch replaced. By the way, I have a tempered glass screen protector on my replacement watch and the solar charging works fine. It goes without saying that if the battery is fully charged, the solar charge does not work :-)

• If you purchased your watch in France, please call France Outdoor Product Support directly. If you are outside the country now and will not be back to France soon, then go to the very bottom left hand corner, change the country to where you are now, and contact that regional Outdoor Product Support to see about a warranty replacement.

• Same issue with mine. Working completely fine until I did the latest software update, then nothing. I was told this morning by Garmin I am the only one, no other reports of this fault. It’s surely got to be a software fault if I’m not the only one. Did anyone else get a fix?