This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ascent wrong since Software 9.0

Has anyone else noticed an error in the total ascent since the last update? My local hill is 500m ascent and since the update I'm getting closer to 600m of ascent on the watch. Last week I did an MTB tour with about 850m of ascent and the device gave me 1200m. Every ride i do now is at least 10% off the correct ascent in many cases the error is much more. 

I've also seen climbing speeds of 2000m per hour when I was climbing at closet to 600m/h. These kind of errors I never saw before until after I updated to the newer software. 

The altitude seems to be correct, just the ascent and ascent rate are wrong. Anyone else noticed this?

• I have more ascent and descent with the last two sensor hub updates. The amount of more ascent is the same in the descent amount. In some moment in the race, the graphic start to be not smooth. It happens from 8.10 and 9.00 and seems to be random.
    Take a look in the second loop of the circuit

Tactix Delta

• Same here. I though my phone ist reporting low, but it really seems the ascent from fenix ist overreporting. 

• So it seems my problem is only in the MTB app. I have done a couple of normal cycling exercises and the ascent has been correct. But, when mountain biking the ascent is way off. Today's tour my watch gave over 1900m ascent and my girlfriends Fenix 5s gave 1300m ascent. I know the Fenix 5 is correct as it is in the ballpark of what I calculated when planning the tour and it's a one I've done in the past. That means my Fenix 6 has almost 50% more ascent for the same tour. 

Incidentally, the altitude was always correct on the tour so the problem is not with the altimeter. My theory is that for some reason since Garmin put those stupid MTB metrics in the MTB app it messes with how the app calculates ascent. An accurate measurement of ascent and ascent rate is way more important to me than some ridiculous metric that tells me something that is more about feeling anyway. I don't expect my watch to tell me if I flowed or how technical the trail is. I don't need a metric for that.... my smile gives all the info needed, but ascent/descent and rate of ascent are pretty basic metrics that should just be right in such an expensive watch. 

• Same here!!! Horrible Bug!!!! The watch Counts Way too many ascent meters - AND it adds crazy descent meters, whole going uphill only....

GARMIN - Check this Out!!!

•  It's not only a MTB App problem,  the ascent is generally wrong in cycling activities. 

connect.garmin.com/.../4965475019

Running seems to be correct 

connect.garmin.com/.../4966000259

• Yes, I have the same problem, but in the regular Bike Mode. My 60km ride with about 30m total ascent results in over 300m total ascent on the Fenix 6. Running Mode has no issues, so it's just the cycling modes that are off apparently.

Hope this will be fixed soon. 

• Still the same here! New GPS-Firmware, but nothing improved!! 

No problem in hiking or Running - just cycling and mtb

• Ok, my last ride was ok, I'll test more next week 

• Today I went biking, using the hiking aktivity... But again: Lots of spikes in the Graph, and way too many ascent meters, because of added descents....