Fenix 6 Pro GPS Problem accuracy

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with GPS accuracy. On certain occasions it seems that the signal is lost and the precision is lost by more than 4 meters.
Currently i hace this config:

• Data recording  every second
  • GPS + GLONASS
  • 3D speed On
  • 3D distance On

I've been reset several time the watch and the problem persist. and doesn't seem a problem with the tree or the weather. There is not any building nearby or great structures that can obstruct the signal

Please take a look 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4933721083

Hi Again.

Same problema. Only GPS config.

I'm very disappointed with the precision of the watch. It's obvious that are more than 10m of gap

• Since there isn't a benchmark, I can't see how big the deviation is. It can also be a mapping issue of the lat/lon's to google maps. Do you think the coast line is that exact as shown in the picture? What's about tides?

1. I have the same problem.

I bought my fenix 6 sapphire titanium in February and always have the latest update. I experience the same problem on all my runs. The Fenix ​​6 line compared to the road is always 5-20 meters outside. Disaster GPS if I compare with my previous watch which was forerunner 735. I run training intervals and it is annoying that the distance is not correct, too often I get to run more than I need to because it does not measure correctly. BUT for some reason I feel that the total distance after a run is often correct but sometimes slightly shorter. I don't really understand how the GPS works in this watch. It is very strange. Such an expensive watch should have a working core function like GPS. I am disappointed and hope that garmin solves the problem soon because I am not going to buy any more fenix in the future if it is not fixed

• Yes I have the same problem as you.

Garmin will not solve the problem as it is sony chipset problem.
    It takes less energy but the accuracy is worst than ever. They try to patch this but the results are even worst.
    fenix 5 even fenix 735 have different gps chip and accuracy is much better. 
    Imho it cant be done. Garmin should fix the hardware and start replacement program. This watch is too expensive for such bad accuracy. If you contact garmin they will tell you to try all the settings that exist and restart watch and you will get crazy becouse you are wasting your time and it doesnt fix the issue.

And why I think garmin accuracy is bad? becouse I run with friends with other watches and I see differences. Even garmin 5 is better.
    If you want accuracy buy polar watch or even better stryd food pod. 
    the accuracy of stryd pod is unbelivable better. It is not comparable to garmin fenix 6 pro.

Do your altimeter also fly? 30-50 meters through 3 hours? I stay whole day indoors and suddenly Im 30 meters down?
    The "experts" will tell you to change settings but what if Im climbling? I understand that the weather can change the height if we have pressure based altimeter but what Im climbing on wall and suddenly Im 30 meters down?
    Also there were times where I run round the block few km and when I finished in starting point I was 10 meters below starting point.

Garmin fenix is a toy not a device for serious sport training. This is sad..

Look below, do this looks familiar? Yes!! the red is our beloved fenix 6. 
    Every other watch has problems but only fenix 6 goes through buildings, on other road side, through water  25 meters somewhere else. And please dont tell me that all the testers who tested garmin fenix 6 had wrong settings.

https://the5krunner.com/2019/09/02/garmin-fenix-6-pro-gps-accuracy-ohr-accuracy-elevation-accuracy-a-first-peek-some-annoying-things/

and the one runner in comments of above article

• I think some of you must have defective watches.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4948096587

This is a 50K i did today. No issues with GPS at all. I'd suggest either a master reset or a replacement.

• people  (like me) get the best result with dual-band mobile phone IN BACK POCKET (blue line), like this, i rode my bike on middle of the bike lane: (other 2 off lines 2 Garmin products...)

• I have already restarted the watch several times, and the problem persist. I'ts not seem that a software problema.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Ɛpsilon

No problem because you used a footpod (Stryd). People just use the watch (not defective) and that's when the problems start!!!

• This video shows the synchronisation of my GPS position from my 6X Pro Solar with video footage (sped up) of my dog walk through suburban streets, heavy woodland and open fields. Compared to some examples posted I would consider my watch to be exemplary for GPS tracking. Is it perfect? No. Is it good enough? Definitely.

Distances are in line with other devices (3HR, 5X+, V800) although none agree precisely. It is impossible to confirm the correct figure in such terrain. I don't have access to a running track for a more controlled test.

https://youtu.be/CLaA5IlCsCI

• what tides? on the lake? Read and think before you post.