Fenix 6 Pro GPS Problem accuracy

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with GPS accuracy. On certain occasions it seems that the signal is lost and the precision is lost by more than 4 meters.
Currently i hace this config:

• Data recording  every second
  • GPS + GLONASS
  • 3D speed On
  • 3D distance On

I've been reset several time the watch and the problem persist. and doesn't seem a problem with the tree or the weather. There is not any building nearby or great structures that can obstruct the signal

Please take a look 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4933721083

Hi Again.

Same problema. Only GPS config.

I'm very disappointed with the precision of the watch. It's obvious that are more than 10m of gap

• Here is some GPS shots from person who test watches.
    https://the5krunner.com/2019/09/02/garmin-fenix-6-pro-gps-accuracy-ohr-accuracy-elevation-accuracy-a-first-peek-some-annoying-things/

This is real test with garmin fenix 6 pro from person who tests watches so for sure he checked all the settings.

Looks similar?

Do you have any doubts and want check the settings few hundred times again?

https://the5krunner.com/2019/09/02/garmin-fenix-6-pro-gps-accuracy-ohr-accuracy-elevation-accuracy-a-first-peek-some-annoying-things/

a
    nd one of the comments:

• GARMIN 6 PRO 699$

cheap huawei smart band 3 pro 30$ 

invest 30$ like me and check it by yourself.

GARMIN, you nailed it.

• Want more?
    GARMIN 6 PRO 699$

cheap huawei smart band 3 pro 30$ 

• Yeah right, there are other devices with better accuracy. But is it the only important feature? 

Of course I would like better accuracy, but how much of a real problem is it ? If the distance and pace are fine, it's not critical. Garmin is messing with the distance too though, to me it's the REAL problem. But lately, I have had very clean tracks, on par with my Ambit 3 before. It's fine for me. And maybe there are other devices with cleaner tracks. Cleaner tracks don't make me run faster or longer. And other devices don't have other advantages. I'm waiting to see the maps and naviguation on your Huawei band. Altitude. Live track. 50h battery. Etc...

Of course, it doesn't mean we have to be fanboys of Garmin. I still think the recent Fenix are overpriced and there are significant software problems. Sleep tracking is a joke. Pace and distance are a problem. But overall, it's still an impressive package and some functionalities are just not available any where else. I would not keep mine if it was such a disaster. Some may be happy with the Huawei band, right. It can fit. But we can't compare them just on the base of the GPS... 

Plus I would like 5krunner to compare the Fenix with recent firmware to the others. And with the same GPS settings. I very very rarely see GPS+GLONASS better than simple GPS. Yet that's one of his comparison. Not very rigorous... The V800 is still better I think. But with much less battery also. There are compromises to look at. The picture is much bigger than just one aspect when you buy this kind of device.

• Some people have problems with garmin fenix 6 pro accuracy.
    They have last firmware, tried all the settings and they feel that something is still wrong.

And not honest people like you tell them to reset the watch 500times and change settings. I was through all of it. 
    And they try and try and waste their time like I did.
    I went even further and bought few watches and checked.

THE GARMIN FENIX 6 PRO has SERIOUS position issues, maybe not every item, but most of them,
    and those people should know.

And I dont agree that if Garmin 6 pro has so many functions, and it is so great and wow... that the accuracy can be worst of worst. Well Polar watches has similar functions but they work perfect just from the box. No altitude problems no distance problems no heart rate problems no position problems.

You would like to 5krunner to test the fenix again with new firmware. But.... why? People on this post see the same issue and they have the latest firmware, they tried all the settings. 

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!!!! since the 5krunner did his test.

We have to be honest, garmin fenix 6 pro has accuracy worst than 30$ chinese smart band, worst than most watches on market, and love it or sell it.
    If you need accuracy, buy stryd or polar watch.

----
    I have fenix 6 pro for months i love garmin connect but it is hard and demanding love.
    And garmin company should be more honest about this issue.

• And garmin company should be more honest about this issue.

Aren't hey?

From https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=aZc8RezeAb9LjCDpJplTY7: "Garmin® GPS receivers are accurate to within 15 meters (49 feet) 95% of the time. Generally, users will see accuracy within 5 to 10 meters (16 to 33 feet) under normal conditions."

I think that the major problem is that most of the users with serious accuracy issues tend to choose this forum and everyone's input instead of just talking to Garmin and search for official guides and statements available from Garmin.

• It is the result of the weak (weak sensitivity and multipath error correction) Sony GPS chipset, weak antenne design (not sufficient signal strength for accurate calculation in most cases) which cause weak signal strength (SnR) ratio , the only advantage of this Sony chip is the lower consuption but that's all (they needed it to get more free resources for the newer features which needs more calculation and using more power/battery) , a huge stepback , on cycling head units it is the same with this chipset, and at Polar also. The solution will be a dual band capable new chipset with strength antenne design and perfect fusion with other sensors (gyros, it needs for eliminate the hand moving on wrist, or quick direction change on bike /sudden braking with cornering or high speed sharp cornering 4 example) . i think it will happen only years later by Garmin, they dont do big improvements year by year , only make the smallest steps which they need to get as much profit as they can. I'm waiting for such a device from Xiaomi (i hope they will enter the market of sport devices), they are always leader of innovation, they had the 1st dual-band GPS mobile (Xiaomi MI8 with BCM47755) in 2018, and it has much more accurate tracking in backpocket than any other "cheap" wristwatch or headunits...(see my pic below, usually it has sub(half)meter accuracy in backpocket, with clear vision on handlebar it is much better, i could reach 8cm accuracy with it in static mode, the best achieved result by a research was 2-3cm in special enviroment... these cheap one banded GPS devices have 3-8m accuracy or even worse) the newer Snapdragon chips already support this dual band GPS signal receiving, just these are still using more power and have a little larger size than it should be (and these are SoCs for mobile and not for wearables but there are wearable versions also for smartwatch /Wear 2/3/4xxx family/ but those are still single-band only) . 

• Hi, can you please post the GPX/fit file(s) from your Fenix 6 Pro? Would be nice if we can analyse it.... 

• scroll down to a bit with 1-2 days