Buttons press differently, one does not sound

Hello everybody,

first sorry for the bad english but i use google translator... ;)

Today I noticed on my Fenix 6 sapphire that the buttons press differently.

My down button makes no noise when pressed and it also pushes much softer than the others.

I also have a problem with the button up. I press it and when I release it, the button does not come out 100% but jumps twice. So I let go of the button slowly and it makes a second "click" when I release it halfway. Difficult to explain.

Is this normal or warranty case? (Bought 5 weeks ago)

If warranty I bought the Fenix at Sportscheck. Do I have to register there or write directly to garmin? My display of the Fenix is good so I don't want to get a bluish screen

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

• Do the buttons work as they should? Objective fact nothing wrong.

Do you dislike the feel? Subjective opinion nothing wrong.

If you are not happy take it back.

• All buttons work correctly. Now that I know, it bothers me. The down button is the one you need the most and I have no haptic feedback.

• Wash the watch with very warm soapy water.  Especially around the buttons.  Towel dry and see if that helps.

• initially I was unhappy with the buttons on my F6 Pro. So I ordered another to check the the buttons there. I sent back the first and kept the second as it had better feel to the buttons. However, after about four months some of my buttons are starting to feel different: the UP and LIGHT buttons do not have a CLICK feel to them (they are soft). the DOWN button clicks but seems to stick a bit (jumps out with a lag).

It does kind of bother me that it happens to watches in this price range.

• This helped me with the sticky button situation on my Edge 530

• You can send back watch by watch several times. Garmin has installed too much clearance between the metal plunger and the pcb clickbuttons due to tolerances. Also the pcb can be misaligned. The button springs should normally be precompressed via contacting the pcb. But they aren’t. Sometomes all, sometimes only one side.

If you want a perfect button feeling and need some adventure you must disassemble the display unit and have to put some 0,5-0,7mm Glue tape between the button plungers and the pcb clickbuttons on the affected side. If only one side is affected, the pcb can also be aligned by unscrewing the 2 or 4 main pcb screws and centering the pcb between the buttons.

Best regards, Chris !

• How do you know the initial feel was not correct? You liked the feel of the new buttons. You don't like the feel of the buttons as they wear in. Doesn't mean there's a problem.

• I just pressed the buttons on all of my Fenix watches sitting infront of me. (Fenix 1, 2, 3HR, 5X, 5X+, and the 6X Pro Solar) Some had the haptic type feedback described feeling and some buttons did not. The one fact remains, the buttons all work just fine on every single one of them. Even the Fenix 1 and Fenix 2...

• Hey Chris, 

Thanks for your test. Ok, of cause my buttons on F5 F5X and 6 are working when pressing them With a high force.

But on F6 the stroke until registration is very different from button to button. Also the double click feeling is very disappoiniting.

I very often think that the click is reached but nothing happens. then an additional force is needed to get the effective click.

This behaviour was not recognizable with F5X i had before.

I think this can be improved by lowering the gaps between electronic buttons and the metal pins. This would make the Fenix feel much more precise in the buttonfeeling.

Best regards, Chris

• Thank you very much. I tried it but unfortunately without success. 2 buttons cause easy problems for me. But they all work.