Buttons press differently, one does not sound

Hello everybody,

first sorry for the bad english but i use google translator... ;)

Today I noticed on my Fenix 6 sapphire that the buttons press differently.

My down button makes no noise when pressed and it also pushes much softer than the others.

I also have a problem with the button up. I press it and when I release it, the button does not come out 100% but jumps twice. So I let go of the button slowly and it makes a second "click" when I release it halfway. Difficult to explain.

Is this normal or warranty case? (Bought 5 weeks ago)

If warranty I bought the Fenix at Sportscheck. Do I have to register there or write directly to garmin? My display of the Fenix is good so I don't want to get a bluish screen

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

• Thanks but the watch is 5 weeks old. I don't want to do any experiments now, but at over 600 € I expect the buttons to sound the same. You think an exchange is not worth it?

• Thank you all for the answers. Unfortunately, the watch is only 5 weeks old. And with more than 600 € that shouldn't be. What would you do? Exchange or really unscrew the housing now so that the guarantee is void.

• My proposal is definitely not recommended for normal users of a new watch under warranty. But it can make crispy ans defined feeling buttons with one click and a perfect fenix.

The soap water will not help for a new watch. The Orings are not contaminated by sweat or something.

If Garmin will improve this haptic feeling for the F7 or F6plus i will definitely invest again Grinning

Regards,  Chris

• Of cause nobody should do this on a new watch under warranty ! But there is no other chance if you want a watch with 5 identical perfect buttons with one click and perfect feedback.

• What I wanted to say but failed to do, is that my first F6 had a few soft buttons out of the box. The second one I ordered had all clicky buttons so I kept the second one. But with time some of them wore in and don't click anymore

• Just wanted to add a reply...   I have  a new 6s, and when compared to the "6" and the "x" the S is far better with the buttons.  Less mushy, more click like.  That said, the first week I had it, I noticed one of them (start / stop) was super soft..  and thought something was wrong.   I quickly rinsed under the sink with warm soapy water and it totally took care of it.

No issues since.

To be honest, I try and clean the watch at least once a day.  Unlike my nice watches (Omega) this is not on my wrist 24/7..  it needs to be cleaned daily.  Plus, I am active.

So, I do the rinse and wipe each night before bed and then in the late morning after a big activity.  Keeps the watch looking brand new and all buttons perfect.  FWIW, I would do this even without any issues with the buttons lol.