Fenix 6 Series - 7.77 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

The latest Fenix 6 beta software is now available for your upcoming adventures! One note about this update specifically:

• We have bumped the version number of the current beta update for the Fenix 6 series to match the version number that MARQ is using. This will make it easier for us to distribute the files. It is okay that your device is skipping from 6.10 to 7.77, this is intentional. 7.77 is the first update since 6.10.

GPS changes from 2.80 to 4.01: Improve total distance computation in ultratrac mode for cycling activities.

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

7.77 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for connecting to a shifting sensor (Sram Etap or Di2 bike) that supports up to 4 front and 12 rear gears.
  • Add support for using Widget Glance fonts in Connect IQ.
  • Added support for Grit and Flow data fields for MTB.
  • Added support for a ‘Silent’ option to the Smart notifications Sounds alert settings. (Menu > Phone > Smart Notifications > During Activity/Not During Activity > Sounds)
  • Fixed an issue where the device would crash when starting a POI search right after canceling an “Around Me” search.
  • Fixed an issue where features that auto-enable during the sleep window were not working as expected. (For Ex: Battery Saver.)
  • Fixed an issue where the device would erroneously display an assistance banner after disconnecting from USB.
  • Fixed an issue with Brazil Daylight savings time.
  • Fixed a couple of issues that should improve device stability.
  • Fixed a couple of altimeter calibration issues. This should address speed spikes in activities with 3d speed enabled. (For example: Ski.)
  • Fix always showing the Updating spinner when changing an alarm.
  • Fix a potential crash when using the Breathwork app.
  • Fixed an issue where the watch may freeze during a Ski activity.
  • Improved the user experience when call related notifications are received.
  • Improved the layout on the Ski Run Data Page.
  • Improve responsiveness when adding or removing favorites.
  • Improve display of Grit and Flow data-fields for the MTB app.
  • Improved error handling when using the Garmin Pay Wallet.
  • Improved error handling for downloading Heart Rate from a strap, by notifying the user if one attempts to download Heart Rate data over Bluetooth vs ANT.
  • Made several improvements to Clocks.
  • Made several improvements to Breathwork.
  • Made some improvements to the DogTracker widget.
  • Made several other bug fixes and code improvements.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.01
Sensor Hub: 5.05
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 4.30
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.10
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Can i use the 6X pro link for My 6X pro Solar?

• For trail runs, i think its acceptable considering the antenna is a 6th or more the size of a flagship cellphone. 

In addition. How exactly are trails mapped anyways and how accurate is that? Is what i always wonder...

• And I don’t think there will be an update that works for me or a lot of others. It’s been 6 months since Garmin acknowledged this problem, but still no fix.

The only reason I won't own this watch.  If they fix this, maybe I will jump back in if they have an LTE offering.  Battery life isn't my biggest concern.  give me 4 days with 2 hours a day activities and I'll be great.

• I do not use Autopause.

When running in clear-sky open terrain the F6 gps distance is "good" - very close to the S10. The problem is in challenging conditions for gps, where the old Forerunner 305 is considerably better.

• Further to my good HR and GPS results yesterday, comparing four watches and two bike computers during driving and walking activities I went back a day earlier to compare OHR from the 6X (blue line) with TickR chest strap and 5X+ (purple line) on the treadmill. I was using a Stryd footpod for speed/cadence, so it is easy to verify alignment of the HR data according to Stryd values.

This was a treadmill session of 65 minutes, including a lengthy walking period at the start, when I was applying Windows updates to my Zwift laptop, and then some running with intervals. There was an HR glitch between 34-36 minutes from the CHEST STRAP! as the strap was drying out during walking in the cold winter air in the garage. I added water to the strap and all was good from then on as I started sweating and keeping it moist. I am impressed at just how good the OHR from the watch was.

• I'm having a weird issue with Bluetooth earbud connectivity. I'll email the beta team, but it would be great if someone else could verify this issue with me.

Steps to reproduce:

Listen to music via my phone (Pixel 3xl) and wireless earbuds (Jabra Elite Active 65t). 

Open the Walk activity on my Fenix 6 pro titanium. (NOT attempting to open the music app on my watch or to connect earbuds)

The earbuds start an endless loop of disconnecting and connecting from my phone, almost like the Fenix is attempting to take over the connection even though I am not listening to music via the Fenix. 

The only way to resolve it is to entirely remove the earbuds from the Fenix sensors. 

• Just deactivate the earbuds from the Sensores&Accessories in the Fenix menu, that should put an end to your problem, i hope.

• Everyone, thank you for your patience and understanding. The download links above have been re-uploaded to include the 4.01 GPS update!

• I tried two sets of earbuds and I am not experiencing what you are. Mine keep playing from my phone even when I start an activity on the watch. I have a Galaxy S10+ and I tried it with Galaxy Buds and Aftershokz Aeropex. 

•  thanks for this, my buddy will be very happy :-). any chance we might get soon the update for the 945 as well? also, could you please update us on what it improves?