Fenix 6 PRO OHR completely off

After 4 months using my F6 Pro I just realized the OHR is completely off. I have been noticing from the Garmin Connect app that my resting heart rate has been lower these last months and I thought it was normal, but then reading that so many people were having bad OHR readings I decided to check it out and compare it to the Heart Rate Strap I use when I train and the results are completely off.

As you can see from the photos the HR reading doesn't match at all, one photo is while training and the other photo is after the workout.

The screenshots are from Garmin Connect, As you can see the resting heart rate looks lower, I got my F6Pro October 10th. Before I was using a Vivoactive 3 and before an F3HR.

What should I do about it? Is my resting HR lower because my OHR is not reading well? I don't use my F6 to train, but I do care about my resting HR and my HRV

• many people around the world are saying the same thing! "It's terribly inaccurate!"

A few people here are reporting that it doesn't work; probably a similar number are reporting that it does.

• Intensity Minutes
    To improve your health, organizations such as the World Health Organization recommend at least 150 minutes per week of moderate intensity activity, such as brisk walking.

Earning Intensity Minutes
    Your fēnix device calculates intensity minutes by comparing your heart rate data to your average resting heart rate.

Nowhere is it written that there is a power save mode that falsifies the results.

• I've already replied once, regarding resting heart rate accuracy. Today I repeated a test during exercise on a static bike, comparing OHR from the watch with output from my Tickr X. The first time I tried the test, on firmware 5.00 I found no problems. Today, on firmware 6.00 I also found no problems.

Here is a graph of a 40 minute punchy ride on Zwift showing the synchronisation of power numbers above and the close agreement of heart rate numbers below. The largest deviation in heart rate was 6 BPM at 170-176 BPM, but not for too long. Mostly the numbers were very close or matching. The average HR for the whole exercise matched within 1 BPM.

HR data from the Tickr X is the pale blue line, while the watch OHR values are in red.

Zooming in closer towards the closing stages of the ride before the cool down we can see that the HR numbers are really pretty good. I don't know how much more people are expecting from the watch in terms of OHR accuracy during exercise, but I find the performance to be perfectly good enough, for indoor bike at least. This was not my experience with 5X+ and 3HR previously. Maybe even they have improved in recent times, but I always use a chest strap for exercise, so it's a moot point.

• I've had plenty of Garmin watches with OHR sensors and they've worked very well for me both in 24/7 mode and during activities. With my F6 24/7 is still really good but during activities it reads anywhere from 5 to 15 beats per minute too high.

It's really strange because the graph looks reasonable with maybe the odd spike here and there, but it's just high enough to mess up my Firstbeat metrics.

Normally I use a Polar OH-1 armband sensor but yesterday it needed to be charged. Since I was only doing an easy run I figured it would be a good time to test the new firmware and headed out relying on the wrist sensor. 7 miles later where gauging by my effort level and respiration my average HR should've been in the high 130's I ended up with a 148bpm average and my Vo2Max estimate dropped by a point.

The same sensor in my 945 is much better than this and it irritates me that a watch which is so good in every other aspect sucks at this one critical chore.

• I don't know how much more people are expecting from the watch in terms of OHR accuracy during exercise

Nothing, my problem is with the 24/7 tracking. And all the metrics being useless as a result. Resting heartrate or light to moderate activity is no problem either, only when my HR should be above 100 and I don't start an activity profile.

• Yes. That was on old firmware and the test was without starting an activity. We know that was a problem area and I raised a ticket. Until just now I have not repeated a similar test on later firmware.

However, I just complete a static jogging test on Firmware 6.00, with Polar V800 and H7 strap for reference and the new firmware shows no sign of improvement. So, for those who are active but do not record the activity I agree that the watch is a hot mess.

I shot a new video during the latest test. It's a very dull 8 minutes, but I shall be adding it to my ticket with Garmin.

Original video on firmware 5.00....

https://youtu.be/l-a9qEIhtNw

Latest video on firmware 6.00....

https://youtu.be/wvYrXEGgJYE

P.s. Having read the latest reply, FWIW my max heart rate is 195 in Garmin Connect and in real life.

• Yes. That was on old firmware and the test was without starting an activity. We know that was a problem area and I raised a ticket. Until just now I have not repeated a similar test on later firmware.

That's the point. outside of an activity. 24/7 all-day tracking and calculations such as intensity minutes and calories burned throughout the day.