This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My new Fenix 6 Sapphire wont connect to any device

Hi!
Got my new Fenix 6 sapphire today but it wont connect to my phone or computer, also tested my girlfriends Iphone but no luck there either.
On my phone its starts to connecting with Garmin connect and I enter the 6-digit code but shortly after it fails.
I plugged it to my computer and though I maybe need to update the firmware but there is says the it cant connect to the servers.
I have restarted both my phone and garmin, factory reset my fenix, cleared cache on my samsung s10e and everything I found on Internet, it wont work.
Hope anyone can understand this English and could help.

• Good to know. CS made it sound like it was a v3.00 issue. I tried older versions of the express app (6.0.0 and 6.1.1) and no luck, so it appears to be a back end issue.

• I am having the exactly same issue, the watching won't connect to the mobile app, or the PC. BTW, my watch has just updated the firmware to 5.0. 

• I'm also having this problem. I can't pair my F6 sapphire to my phone or my tablet, and when I tried to add it to my Garmin Express, I get an error saying it has problems connecting to the servers. 

I previously had a F6 titanium 2 months ago and I never had any of these issues.

• So many problems with this high-end device. I was attempting a total reset in hopes of solving an issue with music. Now I’m totally unable to sync via phone or computer. I hate to say it.. I want to love this Fenix, but my old Fitbit was bombproof. This is very frustrating. 

• Same problem, I hope Garmin will solve the issue asap

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 4 years ago

Same here, Fenix 6 Pro - iPhone XS

both on the latest software

• Cannot get setup to finish on both Garmin connect and Garmin Express on my new fenix 6, but the fenix 5 works fine everywhere. Android 10, Oneplus 7, factory v2.20 on garmin fenix 6.

• Same with 4.2 and 5.77 beta firmware, it does not seem to firmware related.

• Copy from a more detailed post i made on reddit:

Same issue for, got my garmin 6 yeasterday, fiddket in the evening and this morning.

My gf fenix 5 connect lika a charm everywhere:
    Iphone (x i think, gf)
    PC garmin exoress
    Oneplus 6 (a droid 10) garmin connect

My new fenix 6 saphire only connect on my BT.
    Garmin connect fails at the ohase after it gets BT connection and starts setup on all systems:
    Iphone
    Oneplus 7
    PC

My pc gives me errors like cant add de ice couse we cant connect to our servers.

Ive tried rotuing my internet and setup oc languages to match my location and folowed the guides on garmin support for this.

Ive tried going throu my fiber connection on both phone and pc.
    Ive tried my 4g and my gf 4g (2 different providers) on both phone and pc (hotspot my phone)

My fiber has a bann on garmin express atm (prob to many connection), my 4g still shows server connection issues.

No issues on the fenix 5.

Looks to me like garmin server issues, since all garmin apps (pc, ios, android)
    Hope to get updates soon, love the Feeling of this watch!