This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My new Fenix 6 Sapphire wont connect to any device

Hi!
Got my new Fenix 6 sapphire today but it wont connect to my phone or computer, also tested my girlfriends Iphone but no luck there either.
On my phone its starts to connecting with Garmin connect and I enter the 6-digit code but shortly after it fails.
I plugged it to my computer and though I maybe need to update the firmware but there is says the it cant connect to the servers.
I have restarted both my phone and garmin, factory reset my fenix, cleared cache on my samsung s10e and everything I found on Internet, it wont work.
Hope anyone can understand this English and could help.

• I’m doing a total reset on my F6 trying to clear up an issue I’m having and I’m having the same problems you are. It won’t sync with Garmin Connect on my phone or computer. 

• Evening, Mine is doing the exact same which I bought today. 

Wont connect on Garmin connect or on Garmin Express and it is all up to date software except the watch is on version 3.0 as I cant get it updated. . 

I am unsure of why this is happening and it is very frustrating as I had to return my previous Fenix 6 as the heart rate wasn't working. 

• I got my Fenix 6 today and I´m experiencing exactly the same issues. Trying to connect to iPhone 11 Pro. Fenix 5 Plus and Edge 530 did pair without any problems. 

• My guess is there are some backend issues at Garmin. Hopefully they'll resolve soon. In the meantime, I'd suggest you try to contact Garmin Support and let them know.

• How long do these types of things normally take? 

• Sorry can't help there. But the more people that Lett Garmin know the quicker they'll get it sorted. And I am only guessing about the backend issues. I could well be wrong but since there are others having the issue it sort of lends itself to issues not necessarily on the watch.

• I am having the same issues. Won't connect on Garmin Connect or on Express via PC. I spoke to someone on chat support and they said they are having wide spread issues and is something on their server side, not the watch.

• I tried unsuccessfully to pair to the Android connect app on my phone and my tablet with no useful error message, just a 'Pairing failed' error like most users here. Then I tried the connect express app on the desktop, I get a useless 'Server cannot connect' message. I tried on 2 different fenix 6s!

I just talked to Customer Service for Garmin and this is a 'known issue' without a fix - something that prevents the connect express desktop app from letting you in if you have any Fenix 6 watch with v3.00 firmware. And the watch needs to be updated from the old v3.00 firmware that comes with new watches using the desktop app to work with the Android app. They could not tell me an ETA of the fix and only said its affecting all 6s.

Garmin Customer Service is absolute garbage! Why the heck are they still selling these watches with v3.00 firmware if they know you can't use them??!!

• I have the new 5.77 Beta and have the same issue after doing a reset on the watch.

• I’m on version 5.0, so it’s not just a 3.0 issue.