This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My new Fenix 6 Sapphire wont connect to any device

Hi!
Got my new Fenix 6 sapphire today but it wont connect to my phone or computer, also tested my girlfriends Iphone but no luck there either.
On my phone its starts to connecting with Garmin connect and I enter the 6-digit code but shortly after it fails.
I plugged it to my computer and though I maybe need to update the firmware but there is says the it cant connect to the servers.
I have restarted both my phone and garmin, factory reset my fenix, cleared cache on my samsung s10e and everything I found on Internet, it wont work.
Hope anyone can understand this English and could help.

• Chris please help! I still cannot synchronize since this morning please advice

I suggest reaching out to Garmin Support via phone or chat for a more immediate response - https://support.garmin.com

Also this: My fenix 6 is Not Connecting with Garmin Express or Garmin Connect

• I also can't get 6X to talk to phone.  It previously has worked fine. 

I have restarted phone and Fenix, and forgotten and attempted to re-pair Fenix via connect.  It failed. 

Attempting to sync via Wi-Fi has now frozen 6X.  Been frozen for 30 mins now. 

Any suggestions?

All Garmin Chat operatives are busy - tried that.  (and annoyingly, you have to type in problem + troubleshooting steps each time)

• If your 6X is still frozen... press hold the power button until it powers down (like 10 to 20 seconds). Then you should be able to restart the watch.

Regarding your phone connection issue, contacting Garmin Support sounds like your best bet.

• Holding power button down didn't work, but after about 30 mins the Fenix, unfroze. 

I also, eventually got through to support and their solution fixed the connection.  I include the steps below in case it helps anyone else:

Open the Garmin Connect Mobile application
    Go to the side menu bar on the left (Android) on the app
    Go down to 'Garmin devices' and select this
    Click on your device and the 3 dots on the corner then select 'Remove device' and 'yes'
    Come out of the Garmin connect App and remove it from the phone /tablet
    Go into the settings of the phone/tablet and select 'Bluetooth'
    Under Bluetooth it will state 'My devices' and 'Devices available'. Under 'My devices' please remove and 'forget' anything listed under this section.
    Next turn the Bluetooth off and then uninstall the app.
    Turn the mobile phone/tablet off and then on again go back to settings and turn the Bluetooth back on.
    Re install the app from the play store or app store.
    Follow the initial pair process on the Garmin connect app

If this does not work, you will need to try connecting to another smartphone to see if you have a similar problem.

• HOW MUCH LONGER?  TWO WEEKS FEELS LIKE FOREVER.

• Thank-you so much!  I am now reconnected two weeks after faulty v6.0 upgrade.

• If Suunto had music and pay I would already have done that

• Just received this from Garmin Italy, it worked for me:

Check initially that you have updated the firmware of your device, the Garmin Connect Mobile application and your Smartphone to the latest version.

If you have previously paired the device with your smartphone, disassociate it from the bluetooth settings of your smartphone (from settings - Bluetooth).

Next, access the Garmin Connect Mobile app and remove the device from the application by selecting Menu - "Devices" by holding down on the device name by selecting "remove device".

Now uninstall the Garmin Connect Mobile application from your smartphone (from settings - applications) and then reinstall it after having downloaded it again from the Android Play Store of your smartphone.

At this point, open the Garmin Connect Mobile app and, after logging in to your account, re-pair with the device as shown below:

Activate the connection (4G or Wifi), Bluetooth and finally the GPS position from your smartphone.
    Go to the "Devices" item of the garmin connect mobile application and select "add device"
    Now select the model of your device among those proposed.
    Now take your device in hand and access the bluetooth settings; from here select "Associate with Mobile Device".
    At this point, resume the smartphone and select "search device" from the application.
    Once the device is found, a numeric pin will appear on the device to be inserted on the smartphone for confirmation of association.
    Inserted the pin and confirmed wait for the definition of the association.

After pairing the device with your smartphone, finally check that you have given authorization to Garmin Connect to send notifications and that you have selected Connect's access permissions to your smartphone from the "settings" - "applications" - "Garmin Connect" - "authorizations" of the smartphone. With regard to the above, in order to view the contact of the calling or writing person, during the notification phase, it will be essential to have provided authorization to access the "contacts" by connect.
    Also check from Garmin Connect under "settings" - "smart notifications" that you have selected the types of notifications you intend to receive.

If it does not resolve as indicated, I invite you to perform a master reset of your device as per the following procedure and then repeat the association as above:

ATTENTION: ALL USER DATA WILL BE LOST

With the instrument off, keep the start and back / lap keys located at the top and bottom right pressed
    Turn on the device by briefly pressing the light button located at the top left.
    Release start after hearing a first beep, release back / lap after a second beep.
    At this point the device will reboot and offer you the choice of language

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------

From PC perform the following procedure:

Disassociate the device from garmin express by going to the writing device - delete from express then uninstall garmin express from the pc
    try to disable antivirus and firewall of your operating system then do a cleanup of internet temp files
    reinstall garmin express to the new version just released from the following link and then reassemble the device to the program and synchronize
    We invite you to use connect with an internet browser other than Explorer. Such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

• Brand new Fenix 6x Sapphire and it won't connect with my Samsung S10. Been running a Fenix 3 since they were released with no issues. Seriously thinking about sending it back and skiing for a refund!  You can't get all the functionality you've paid for and this issue has been unresolved for months with no sign of a solution

• Have same issue. When you will fix this problem? How you will inform me about fix?