This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exceeded maximum number of workouts

Tried to add two new workouts from GC to my Fenix 6 pro and got the message "Exceeded maximum number of workouts. Some workouts not imported" and as the message says my workouts not imported. 

What is the limit of workouts that we can download to the phone?

For your info I had around 18-20 workouts when the message appeared. When I deleted some of them from the phone the new ones imported with no problem.

• Confirmed for me.  FW Beta 5.72.   Pushing workouts from my phone I started getting "Exceeded workouts..." message with 13 workouts on the watch.   Granted some of my workouts are pretty complicated so I don't know if it's a file size versus file count issue. 

These are standalone workouts.  I've not had any issue pushing months of scheduled training to the watch.  NOTE:  Just confirmed that just as with the Publish Calendar function, only the next 30 days of workouts will show up under Training Calendar on the watch.  I would guess this is why they changed the calendar push functionality to be automatic instead of manual (if you go back that far with Garmin).   Prior to that it would push your whole training calendar to the watch and give you that message "98 workouts will be synced to the watch, on some watches without enough space not all workouts may push" or something to that effect.   I make 4 to 6 month training plans at 4-5 runs a week so I have a lot of scheduled workouts. 

Edit: Deleted some of the longer ones, tried to add more shorter ones and my limit stays at 13.   Anything over 13 doesn't sync but doesn't always display the exceeded message. 

Tried through both GCM and GCE. 

• Found 12 workouts from Garmin in the Workouts folder.  Items like 30-Minute Blast, Back to Basics, Pilates on the Road etc.   Deleted those manually from the watch and was able to push a few more to it.    That would make the count 25 total workout files in the Workouts folder. 

• Just changed from a Forerunner 935 and was in the process of transferring my workouts when I noticed the same thing - does anyone know if there is a reason for this?

I can't believe that there are memory issues give what else the watch is capable of, and 13 seems like an odd number. Surely being able to have a large number of workouts stroked on the watch is a basic requirement.

Seems a backward step in this regard if it's an intentional decision by the software designers.

• This is so *** IMO. I've got 30gb free and I can't have more workouts take up some miniscule space? What in the world?
    I use final surge and https://finalsurge.com/help/ConnectIQ#errormessages - is a woeful experience because garmin won't allow more / them to delete.

• Please Garmin correct this bug ! I can't upload more than 13 workouts and I have 10gb free on the watch !!! WHY ??? I never have this problem with my fenix 3 or 5...

• I think the limit has been 20 workouts on the watch for as long as I can remember.

• Found 12 workouts from Garmin in the Workouts folder.  Items like 30-Minute Blast, Back to Basics, Pilates on the Road etc.   Deleted those manually from the watch and was able to push a few more to it

This is the solution to freeing up the space for 20 of your own workouts, which Philip mentions seems to be a long term limit across Garmin watches. So this is not a bug, just that Garmin pre-installed some workouts (which you can find in Connect if you want them back) and used some of the workout ‘slots’ up. Delete the pre-installed ones you don’t want and move on.

• Same error message here with only 5 bike workouts and 6 run workouts ! That's a crazy low limit !

• Im going crazy trying to figure out how to remove these! Can you tel me how you deleted the 30-minute Blast, etc?

• Me also got the error  maximum of 25 workouts exceeded after synchronising my watch with garmin connect.

Because the Garmin fenix 6x Pro is advertised and marketed sold as a multi sport watch.

Adding workouts for different sports like cycling - indoor smart hometrainer biking  - strength -  gym - swimming - running eaily reaches 25 workouts for one sport allready.

For the record sake. I checked my garmin - workout folder on the pc.

One relatively long workout size is so small only:  15 kb !!!

So 25 workouts is only worth of space : 25 x 15 kb = 325 kb of storage on a € 700 watch with 32 gb / 32.000.000 kb of storage memory.

This makes me very a disappointed and sad garmin watch user.

Especially because garmin added ant+ fe-c smart Bike home trainer functionality in the fenix 6 firmware v 11.1.0 update. I would like to run different kind of various indoor training workout programs. Like hit interval, hills, fto sweet spot , step map test, ftp test, sprints,  etc.

Just to compare. Imaging with storing photo's. It would be very annoying to having to delete an old photo first each time before you can save or upload a new photo once you have made more than 25 ones.

So the big request for now 2020 is - and I'm not speaking for my self only regarding the many complaints about the 25 limit on this forum :

Garmin can you please  increase this ridiculous low amount of 25 or 325kb of max memory for workouts in your expensive multi sport watches ?

Or is that to much to ask ?

To be honoust even 100 workouts x 15 kb = 1.5 mb would be much better.

Also consider When people realize this low 25 max multi sports workout limitation (wich is not mentioned everywhere  in the specifications)- :  then that garmin watch looks a lot less appealing.