After update to 5.0 WHR is Trash!

EDIT: 5.74 beta fixed my problem. Now my Fenix 6X Pro is great again. Thanks.

Guess what... After 5.0 firmware update my Fenix 6X Pro WHR is trash. It was working fine. Now, I not only have Allalin72 problem, but HR overall is a "random number generator" as someone wrote on this forum.

Video showing that problem

https://youtu.be/itScQILQYlo

The data:

FM: 5.00 /// GPS: 2.60 /// Wi-Fi: 2.60 /// WHR: 20.04.50 /// ANT: 4.30 /// Sensor Hub: 3.10

The data is compared to Apple Watch 4 paired with Garmin HRM Dual or with builtin AW WHR.

About 24/7 WHR widget:

It's inaccurate like hell! Not going above ~110 BPM. But that is not the worst thing... I've noticed that that during the day my HR is quite different on F6 and on AW. F6 is showing 90, AW 60. Quick check on my neck... Yeah... It's ~60. And this is repeating all day. 

So today im wearing ALL DAY my HRM Dual paired with AW. When you pair a HR strap to AW, the WHR is off all day. Its taking all the data from HRM Dual and display it constantly (1 sec) on my watch face. What I'm seeing is little bit sad. 90% of the time it's different at least 10 BPM. Funny thing is for example - I see 90 BPM on F6, 74 AW - run downstairs and back - F6 60 BPM. AW 110 BPM :D.

So to sum up - not only it's not going above 110 BPM, it's inaccurate like hell. It's only good when I sleep.

EDIT: Half day - F6 and AW+HRM Dual. Not even close... :(

About Activity WHR:

It was great for me. Now I have differences of 60 BPM! Take a look at that nice example of 1k walk with a stop in a store. AW+HRM Dual is spot on (orange). Im mad like hell!

EDIT: changed it to view by duration, not km

Firmware flashed again, watch wiped 3 times... nothing works. This is the case with Walk, Run, Bike, Cardio...

Couple days ago I was showing Allalin72 how not all devices have hisbug. One update was enough to make my F6 worse than my mothers in law Mi Band 4.

BUT NOT ALWAYS

Today my Fenix was performing excellent on a walk with my little daughter.

There was a lag, but that's how all WHR work, so no problem here. F6 had two "hang times", but in recovered quite quick.

This is a walk in the city, so my pace is not consistent. Couple of times I intentionaly slowed down, to seatle my HR and speeded up. Beside that two times F6 WHR was great. At the end I've ran. F6 picked that right away.

So yeah... I'm certain if I would run with a stedy pace that HR graph would be nice and clean. Average pace from F6 and chest strap is the same - 130 bpm. So for me, thats EXELENT for na WHR.

Beside that (it was very cloudy):
GPS: EXELENT (AW was wrong)
Instant pace: EXELENT
Distance: EXELENT 
Elevation: VERY GOOD

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Maurycy

So my sofa was just... relaxed? :)

I wonder if my AW will also read the sofas

HR

• It will. My AW 2 and 4 behave the same.

• activity for the run

for rest of day is just normal measuring mode - i have not experienced anything wrong, absolutely comparable to 935

• Oh my god. You are right. It measures HR on the Sofa. Took ist of the wrist and - - apeared. Placed it on the sofa and a few seconds later the HR was displayed, idling from 58 to 81bpm. This is ridicolous.

Yep, right now the HR is a random number generator.  Anyone who is using this to make decisions on their fitness is making a big mistake.  Honestly, it is shocking, and scary.

• I just looked at my HRM widget setting (dont normally).  65.  55-85 for last four hours.  If I the start button for more HRM widget view.  my 7 day Avg HR is listed at 54.

maybe its a bum sensor.  (sucks if it is).    Not joking here.. but maybe folks forgot to take the clear plastic "sensor" protector off when they got their fenix 5 with the OHRM.   surely you and most did.  but for some, the odd few, maybe they didnt notice the sensor was shipped with a small "screen protector" like just like was on the watch face.

• We have reached out for details on the issue being reported so we can investigate further.

• I have not read the whole thread - in fact almost none of it, so apologies if this is old news, but....

I agree that the widget readings are a bit off, although I have not given much time to studying the problem as I only received the watch yesterday. However, today I performed an indoor bike ride (Zwift) of 1 hour, 22 minutes. I used WHR from my 6XPSolar and my 5XP picked up my TickR X HRM. After a bit of a wobble from the 6XPSolar in the first couple of minutes the tracking consistency was remarkable, even on the punchy efforts where max HR differed by just 2 BPM - 189 vs 191. Averages over the 82 minute ride were 139.8 (strap) vs 140.5 (wrist). Good enough for me. Previious attempts to use WHR from my F3HR and F5XP have been dire. The F6XPSolar was almost perfect once it got going.

Here is a comparison graph of power and HR as recorded by both watches.This is running 5.00. Click to enlarge.

While the widget may not be quick to respond, or even hit the same numbers, resting pulse is just dandy and pulse within activities seems good enough to me, so long as it's the right 

• Sensor is capable of amazing accuracy. I did workout with F6X WHR and H10 chest strap connected to phone. Reading on the F6X during workout was 1-3 BPM off compared to reading from chest strap (F6X dropout in the middle - my fault).

However, when not running activity profile - it's just throwing random numbers. If I am not completely motionless - HR is wrong. Actual ~60 F6X showing 85-90. This constantly repeats during the day, HR is just all over the place. It is screwing with average HR figure, stress figures:

Apparently I am constantly stressed if I am not moving...

And consequently also body battery figures and active minutes figures.

On Wednesday afternoon I was helping friend move, and you can see on the graph that watch detected movement, but HR is WAY LOW for moving boxes, furniture, fridge.

Watch will regularly spike to 90-100 BPM if I just go to grab a cup of water, but carrying freaking fridge - 97 BPM EZPZ.

Today I noticed that Move IQ is disabled in the watch (but enabled in the GConnect app). I enabled it in the watch, but next time i synced watch with the phone - it got disabled again (still enabled in the phone). So I enabled it in the watch, than disabled it in from the phone app, confirmed disabled in the watch, closed app, opened app and enabled it again. Confirmed in the watch that it is enabled, and so far it stayed enabled (did this after lunch, now is 22h it is still enabled).

This entire story about MoveIQ was because:

When I was walking today, for the period MoveIQ recognized as walking - HR was shown correct... You can see the movement as detected by the watch and you can also see corresponding elevated HR. But only for the short period detected as walking by MoveIQ. The rest is (mostly) random numbers...

I understand that some (most?) do not really care about all day HR, stress, body battery, active minutes (outside activity profiles)... But this is advertised feature I paid for, and I would like it to work. And at the moment - it is not.

There is no doubt that sensor is capable of amazing accuracy, it is just that the software is in some way screwing readings to the level where they turn into bunch of random numbers.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to iLikePotatoes

Thank you for this thoughtfull summary.