Spotify is slow to download, gets stuck often and drains battery quickly while syching

It slow, 50 songs are taking for ever.  It gets stuck often where I have to back out and try again. On a good note it seems to be able to pick up where it left of. Also the battery drains extremely quickly during the synch with wifi.  I loose 1% of battery faster then i gain 1% of the download, the battery literally drains right in front of my eyes.  Started with a battery at 90%, still trying to get 50 songs synched, not done yet and the battery is now at 73% while the synch is stuck again at 47% complete.  A bug, my setup or is this common?  

• Regarding the power drain, this is normal for the device.  The watch battery is really tiny in terms of storage compared to something like a phone or a laptop and wifi power use doesn't really get less due to the size of the device, same basic power costs on the watch as a phone as a laptop etc.  Using wifi will chew through the battery super fast just because there's not very much to chew through. 

It took me about 70 minutes to download 650 songs on spotify the first time I synced it for whatever data point that's worth.  It does take longer than I'd like to actually start or at least to show progress.  I haven't had any issues with it dropping connection.  I always put it on a charger if I have more than a few songs to catch up on. 

• I'm having the exact same symptoms too. Any resolution for this?

• Spotify app is terrible, in so many ways.  Get a cable and sync directly.  It's faster and the battery charges a bit while doing it.

• I fully agree that the synchronizing with Spotify is extremely slow. Podcasts syncing doesn't work at all, the watch is getting timeout and even I start the sync after timeout 10 times, it never ends.
    My connection speed is excellent. I will compare it with my phone as the same podcast is syncing offline to my phone within 2 minutes.

• Is it possible to sync Spotify over cable? All my music/playlists are managed by Spotify so I don't have .mp3s that I could copy over from PC.

• I give up, now I cant complete the synch at all, trying to add 40 songs.  Been trying since last night, useless.  Is there a way to synch using the cable?  Are there specific settings in wifi I should look at, (perhaps in the advanced section)?  The signal strength the to the watch is excellent so not sure why it keeps failing to complete.  

• I've had this work for me. I start my download connected to wifi. As soon as it starts, I connect my watch to my laptop with the charging cable. It should continue your download and not default to the charging screen on your watch face. Hopefully, this will work for you also.  I'm just brainstorming here, but have you tried downloading few songs at once?  It would be a pain in the rear, but maybe try 10 or 20 songs at a time?

• I also tried to uninstall spotify and re-install. No cigar, same sh**t. I tried what you suggested but the watch doesn't connect to GE so I am pretty sure it continues to use wifi and at any rate, keeps failing, ever two minutes or so.  My play list is 330 songs and after re-installing and restarting the synch, after about two hours of failing/restarting I have 76 songs synched.  This is ridiculous and I have no clue what the issue is. I wish there was a way to do it with a cable and not rely on wifi which clearly they dont have working reliably which feels amazingly backwards. I have so many wifi devices streaming and downloading data many time every day.  This is nuts.  

• I tried what you suggested but the watch doesn't connect to GE so I am pretty sure it continues to use wifi and at any rate, keeps failing, ever two minutes or so.

Express shouldn't open at this point and I've noticed that when I connect it like this, my computer shows it's connected to a "Garmin USB" and no longer sees it as a "device drive".  I'm not sure why this keeps failing for you every two mins or so trying to download 40 songs.  I've had success this way way downloading 100+ at once.  Do you have the Spotify app downloaded to your phone, computer, or both?  I have both installed and open the program on my computer while downloading.  I don't know if this means anything at all, or if it's the difference between the two of us.  I'm just throwing out possibilities to try and assist.  Your download speed shouldn't be a factor, as yours is twice that of mine.  I'm pretty certain you've looked into these, but do any apply to you that may be the cause?

Sync Fails when Syncing Spotify Content

If you get a Sync Failed message when syncing Spotify content on your watch, the following suggestions may help.

• Make sure the watch is connected to a secure WiFi network

• Charge the watch battery to 100% before attempting to sync

• Keep the watch connected to a power source while syncing

• Keep the watch within close proximity to the WiFi router when syncing

• Limit WiFi usage with other devices on the network when syncing

• Activities like streaming videos and playing online games can limit the bandwidth available to the watch and cause the sync to fail

• If syncing Podcasts, allow artwork to display on the watch prior to starting the download.  If the album artwork is not displayed on the watch, the Podcast download may not complete
  • tried it all, not sure what is going on. tried using my phone as a hot spot, same crap, can't finish the synch. i have a 330 song Playlist, after 100s of attempts i got 166 songs synched. now it simply can't move beyond this point, it fails each time.  i tried turning bt off, resets. pwr cycles, nada