Fenix 6x sapphire glass scratches

I’ve got fenix 6x sapphire for about a month. Today I discovered  that the sapphire glass has a scratch on it. Anybody has similar  experience with sapphire on 6/x?

both my wife’s and mine 5s/5x did not get any scratches during two YEARS of intensive use, which is why i was very surprised to see this scratch on the 6. I’ve always been telling ppl that sapphire on Garmin is indestructible- what was my experience with the 5x

• Depends what line of work you're in. 

For resale value,  i recommend you charge to 80-90% to extend charge cycles.  At 80% charge,  the cycle wear is around 0.4 . Please see battery university for further info. 

• I bought those protectors from this site

https://microcenter.gr/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=26834

It is TPU plastic but it is not very hard. It bends and it is soft to the touch...

• Thanks for reply, experience showed that yoy are right. I simply do not want to wear protector over 1000 eur watch, it look so ugly and Chinesse with it. It is mine 6th watch,and never experienced any problem like this one before:(

• Here's a nice read.

wahawatches.com/.../

Interesting, but what leads you to conclude that there is any ant-reflective coating on the Sapphire crystals used by Garmin?

I own hundreds of watches, many of which have Sapphire crystals.  It is very easy to see which crystals have an AR coating and which ones do not.

I have had two Garmin fenix series watches with Sapphire crystals - tactix Bravo and tactix Delta. I see no evidence on either watch of an anti-reflective coating.

The article you link to strongly implies that all Sapphire crystals have anti-reflective coating - that is far from the case.  To infer that is the case and apply it to Garmin Sapphire crystals is, IMHO, incorrect.

HTH

• Interesting, but what leads you to conclude that there is any ant-reflective coating on the Sapphire crystals used by Garmin?

I haven't come to a definitive conclusion at all.  What caught my attention was the comment about the purplish-bluish tints one would see if an anti-reflective coating was applied and the differences people have been posting about this very subject.  This leads me to believe a coating applied is possible.  It's been said that Garmin assembles their watches at one location.  This may be true.  It's also possible the lenses are manufactured at different locations where the application (if one exist) is different.  IE, the underside, the outer side, or both sides.  It's speculation as to why there are so many differences with the F6.  I'm speculating too.  But no, I've never came to a conclusion that this indeed is factual.

The article you link to strongly implies that all Sapphire crystals have anti-reflective coating - that is far from the case. 

The article says " your watch most likely has..."  How does this imply all?

It is very easy to see which crystals have an AR coating and which ones do not.

I don't know if a coating would be transparent or very noticeable, so I personally don't know how easily this would be detected.

I own hundreds of watches

C'mon gaijin.  A little exaggeration? Relaxed  You may have forgotten, but we conversed long ago and you told me your age.  Hundreds, plural, would mean 200+.  This would mean you averaged nearly 4 watches a year while on this earth.  Relaxed 

I also found this on Garmin's support website.  This doesn't imply that an anti-reflective coating is applied, but doesn't eliminate the possibility either.

Garmin does not recommend the use any kind of polish or buffing compounds to attempt to repair the lens. Using these types of treatment can affect or remove the factory surface treatment on the lens.

• I haven't come to a definitive conclusion at all.  What caught my attention was the comment about the purplish-bluish tints one would see if an anti-reflective coating was applied and the differences people have been posting about this very subject.  This leads me to believe a coating applied is possible.

If an AR coating on the lens affected the color of the display when the backlight is in use, then it would also affect the color of the display when the backlight is off, right?  Logical? Then why do folks repeatedly state that the bluish color is only present when backlight is in use? And continually state that in daylight there is no bluish color visible? If the crystal were adding color, it would be adding color under all circumstances.

C'mon gaijin.  A little exaggeration?

You may have forgotten, but we conversed long ago and you told me your age.  Hundreds, plural, would mean 200+.  This would mean you averaged nearly 4 watches a year while on this earth.

As far as my age goes, your right, I don't remember any previous conversations with you.  I'm 70 years old this year and retired in 1995 when I was 45.  After 25 years of retirement, with watches as a hobby, I can't remember a year when I didn't buy at least 4 watches.So no, no exaggeration. And what does my age have to do with anything? 

So, I guess the best course of action here is for us to agree to disagree.

• So i just joined The club. Got the 6x sapphire some time ago and really took care of it. I even bought couple od cheap screen protectors I put when doing trail runs just to make sure I don't scratch the screen when wiping sand or mud off. I even covered the watch with my hand when walking close to concrete walls so I wouldn't bang it. And here they are. Two long scratches. Its hard to make a picture of them bc they are really micro. You can feel them only with your fingernail and see under light when The screen is dirty. When I wipe the screen clean you cant see them even under light. But  they are there and I paid a lot more so that they wouldn't be There. 

Very dissapointed with this. I tried rubbing them off but nothing helped