Anyone STILL having heart rate accuracy issues with their Fenix 6?

Hi all,

Super frustrated, but I am still having issues with my Fenix 6S and heart rate accuracy even with the 4.20 software update. I'm wondering if it's just me or what the deal is? I had a 5S Plus before this and had no issues doing the same activities so I really don't think it's user error. My heart rate hardly reads over 110 during really vigorous exercise when my heart rate is closer to 160+. I have tried wearing on the inside of my wrist, tried my other wrist with no luck. It consistently reads 80-110 bpm the whole time. I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade if I knew this was going to be an issue. I know that wearing a chest strap is the most accurate, but I don't like to have to wear it for all of my work outs and my old Fenix was totally fine as well as my apple watch before that. Any suggestions? 

Parents
  • Hi Guys! After yesterday installing the official FW 6.10 on my f6x Sapphire, I did a stress test today.
    After having observed this problem on 2 watches and for about 5 months, it still hasn't improved for me. Both watches were ok with "out of the box" FW. The problems started after an FW update and still exist for me.

About the test:

I wear my fenix 24/7 with WHR. In addition, I put on my Polar OH1+ this morning and had it tracked. So my heart rate was tracked by 2 devices at the same time.
    fenix in allday tracking.

I did some housework first. Then I also put on my chest belt to connect my trainer. The polar tracked itself and I later synchronized the values.

So I have 3 HR references.

Fenix ​​- WHR in 24/7 mode

Polar OH1+ recording mode

Cross trainer connected with HR belt.

now it was getting exciting. can my fenix with the new FW 6.10 in 24/7 mode at least partially follow the HR values?

NO!

I almost died in this test.
    I spent almost 30 minutes in heart rates that were already going towards my HR max of 196.

I dripped sweat and the fenix did not rise. Almost 30 minutes no increase. On the contrary, the Fenix ​​went down again.

The fenix was always in a range between about 90 and 120. It couldn't go any higher, while I've been steady at 160 to 195 for a long time.

after 30 minutes i started the activity profile "cardio" on the fenix.
    The Fenix ​​behaves as I expected. As soon as I had pressed the start button, the HR went up. And these values ​​were also exact (which also shows that I had put on the bracelet well and the sensor was not dirty.)

here is the behavior of fenix after 30 minutes. at this moment I started the activity profile "Cardio".

After I spent 30 minutes also monitored by 2 other devices in an HR area that went in the direction of HR max. 

A short video :

https://app.box.com/s/ieiwuiy9phrtgu9m2hfunzyrubgme8ew

here the activity cardio, which I started after 30 minutes, shown in connect. You can see how real HR is reached in a very short time : 

Conclusion :
    Nothing has changed for me.
    Garmin, I'm going to finish a zip file with my data and send it to you. Again!

• Hi Guys! After yesterday installing the official FW 6.10 on my f6x Sapphire, I did a stress test today.
    After having observed this problem on 2 watches and for about 5 months, it still hasn't improved for me. Both watches were ok with "out of the box" FW. The problems started after an FW update and still exist for me.

About the test:

I wear my fenix 24/7 with WHR. In addition, I put on my Polar OH1+ this morning and had it tracked. So my heart rate was tracked by 2 devices at the same time.
    fenix in allday tracking.

I did some housework first. Then I also put on my chest belt to connect my trainer. The polar tracked itself and I later synchronized the values.

So I have 3 HR references.

Fenix ​​- WHR in 24/7 mode

Polar OH1+ recording mode

Cross trainer connected with HR belt.

now it was getting exciting. can my fenix with the new FW 6.10 in 24/7 mode at least partially follow the HR values?

NO!

I almost died in this test.
    I spent almost 30 minutes in heart rates that were already going towards my HR max of 196.

I dripped sweat and the fenix did not rise. Almost 30 minutes no increase. On the contrary, the Fenix ​​went down again.

The fenix was always in a range between about 90 and 120. It couldn't go any higher, while I've been steady at 160 to 195 for a long time.

after 30 minutes i started the activity profile "cardio" on the fenix.
    The Fenix ​​behaves as I expected. As soon as I had pressed the start button, the HR went up. And these values ​​were also exact (which also shows that I had put on the bracelet well and the sensor was not dirty.)

here is the behavior of fenix after 30 minutes. at this moment I started the activity profile "Cardio".

After I spent 30 minutes also monitored by 2 other devices in an HR area that went in the direction of HR max. 

A short video :

https://app.box.com/s/ieiwuiy9phrtgu9m2hfunzyrubgme8ew

here the activity cardio, which I started after 30 minutes, shown in connect. You can see how real HR is reached in a very short time : 

Conclusion :
    Nothing has changed for me.
    Garmin, I'm going to finish a zip file with my data and send it to you. Again!

Children