rowing machines with Fenix 6X

I'm contemplating getting a rowing machine and most likely model is a Concept2 model D or E.

One important factor is how well a machine will communicate with my Fenix 6X and how well data can get into the Garmin Connect app.  I'd like to get the rowing data integrated with my running and cycling for a complete fitness picture.

Any experience or advice.  I use Garmin for running, cycling and swimming with a full complement of Fenix 6X, Edge 1030, CT golf censors, etc. but I'm absolutely new to rowing.

Main driver is I want a better whole body workout than running and cycling that mostly uses the legs.

• I use EXR. The data just imports into GarminConnect so I haven't bothered to use my watch with it. I think they may have updated the algorithm so that it contributes to your training status after import (I'm not completely sure about that thought).

• Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure you have to record an activity on the Garmin device to allow Training Load etc to be calculated...

• Two years since the PM5 has been officially supported, but still no structured workouts for rowing. But I have found the workaround it allows me to pause, allows me to make laps, and basically use the PM5 workout on my Garmin with all the data.

I use dthe Garmin bike mount which is relatively cheap, and then basically you can use any of the latest watch models and they easily adjust to the PM5 handlebars