This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Heart Rate Not Working

Got my Fenix 6x Sapphire 2 days ago and Heart Rate is not working.  Called Customer Support to report the issue (and process a return/refund) but they said that the engineers are aware of the situation and it is a software issue.  The rep said to wait until next week for a software update that they will roll out to fix this issue.   Please post if you've had similar response from customer service  *BTW, it would be great if Garmin can keep us updated through this Forum!

• I am having the same issue with my fenix 6 Sapphire: Pulse OX is not getting any data and when it is enabled the HR sensor stops functioning as well, reading the pulse randomly about once per minute. I tried rebooting, hard resetting it to factory settings and updating it to 3.0 software version - the problem is still present. I contacted Garmin Support via Chat and the support engineer was not aware of people having the same problem, so I provided him this link. He recommended me a hard reset (which I did for a second time) and couldn't advise me whether to wait for a firmware update or take the watch back and get a replacement. Basically he told me to do whatever I want. Not nice.

• Same error, just unpacked My Fenix 6x Sapphire, no wrist heart rate via the builtin sensor. Updated the watch to version 3.0 via Garmin Express, no changes to the status of the sensor. Tried to disable and enable it again (Automatic / Off)

Talked to support, and they told me that they expect a quick fix, since multiple people has reported this.....

How can it leave the factory with such a huge error....???

So much for upgrading from my old 5X Sapphire to a new one :-(

• Same error, just unpacked My Fenix 6x Sapphire, no Hear rate via the builtin sensor. Updated the watch to version 3.0 via Garmin Express, no changes to the status of the sensor. Tried to disable and enable it again (Automatic / Off)

Talked to support, and they told me that they expect a quick fix.....

So much from upgrading from my old 5X Sapphire to a new one :-(

• What if we have tattoos on our arms and legs? Are tattooed people basically excluded from HRM functions? That'd be a HUGE bummer for someone who just bought his first Garmin watch... 

• I think you cannot handle this issue, you're launching products without any testing it. Fire QC control.

• The same issue, HR only randomly  not stable, pulse ox no meassure a message "Keep Still" and "No data", and no spleep data.

• It would a HUGE b*&^%r for anyone who bought any watch with WHR who has dense tattoo coverage where the optical sensor sits.

• Decided to return for a full refund.  It is clear that this product was not ready for launch.  The HR function is the most basic / important part of this watch and we are still in limbo.  Garmin should provide an incentive for all customers awaiting a fix or that have returned it, to either wait or re-purchase in the future with a discount.   The community of Garmin users have enjoyed and believed in the quality and functionality of these products for years, hence the large investment people are willing to make (rather than buying an Apple Watch for half the price); but this is simply unacceptable, launching a product that does not work and having all of us hoping things it will be resolved before the 30 day return policy expires.  Garmin, please consider this post as voice of the customer and follow up.   With respect on behalf of customers experiencing issues with Fenix 6X.