Two Sapphire Fenix 6 Pro’s, backlight / contrast issues

I bought two fenix 6’s today, both are the Carbon grey DLC coated with sapphire glass.

Have a look at these photos, my wife's is on the left hand side and mine the right. Her looks very yellow compared to mine which looks far crisper and sharper. Both have backlight set to 50%. 

Any thoughts on if there’s a setting other than backlight that could cause this before I go back to the shop where I bought them?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to George_Solari

Uh Oh....

Is this the beginning of a gazillion "sleep tracking" threads?

I hope your first training is perfect because I fear that will be the next gazillion thread subject.

I think that you expect these devices to be 100% perfect for the money you spent, and guess what?... No device is 100% perfect. Not even the expensive ones.

But I will say that garmin beats all other by a mile right now, and if you don't wanna take my word for it, go try a Suunto, or a Polar, or a fitbit, or an Apple Watch, and see how buggy their software is.

I have tried them all because I am compulsive about these things.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

Totally agree. I have tried all of those watches also and Garmin is still the best. As for these threads, it is better if we don't respond to them. Martin, in particular has to get the last word in and has to hit the minus sign on every post. AND he doesn't even own the watch. Best to ignore them.

• I have a Garmin Fenix 5X plus watch.
    Garmin Fenix 6X I had ordered but I didn't take it from the courier when I found out what the display problems are.
    I do not give about 900 Euros for a product that is not 100% now.
    I am waiting for a good batch without display problems.

• But I will say that garmin beats all other by a mile right now, and if you don't wanna take my word for it, go try a Suunto, or a Polar, or a fitbit, or an Apple Watch, and see how buggy their software is.

The fact that I purchased a Garmin Fenix 9X (sorry 6X I meant), answers your comment. This doesn't mean that if you find something bad about it, just sit and do nothing and accept everything. Especially when it's something so obvious as this inconsistency.

I hope your first training is perfect because I fear that will be the next gazillion thread subject.

I don't expect it to be perfect...

• In his defense you have called it the fenix 9 in multiple places.

Ok, so am I guilty for my mistake? Do you find value discussing about my mistake? You didn't understand for which model I was talking about?

The fact that you give gravity to this fact, says it all...I don't have to comment anything more about it

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to George_Solari

I never said to do nothing.

you got what you thought was a defective screen...

you got it replaces for a better screen...

problem solved.

that is all the further it had to go. But you just keep going on and on and on and on and on about it.

• Believe I am not keeping it going on, I informed about my satisfaction with the new screen. I am only keep posting in this thread replying to others. 

• I think it is borderline psychopathic how some people treat fellow forum members here. There is definitely something wrong with the sourcing of screen parts for a $600 and up watch with so clear differences in quality. I personally can live with it but will remember this before I will buy a next Garmin watch. The accusations against people that can't live with the subpar screen is obnoxious and is borderline bullying. If you don't care about the screen fine. Just move on and don't force your  opinion on others just to be right.

• Exactly, this is fanatic fanboyism. OldAssDude, tess, Indianwin and the rest of you. I realise that you must fuming from the inside right now, because you have just realised that you could have waited a few weeks to get what you paid for, but instead you are stuck with an inferiour product. Now matter how often you mention that you are totally fine with that and it doesn't matter to you. If you didn't mind the backlight you, you would not have so furiously defend the washout ones. There are so many users with blue backlight that just go past this thread but it only the three or four of you that constantly attack other for wanting a watch with a good screen.

The negation of facts are showing here won't make the proper black screens dissapear. They are a fact now and will hunt you every time you backlight your watches at night. 

Get over it. 

George_Solari, don't get discouraged. Its the customers with high expectations that drive the company to make better products. Not those Apple style fanatics that will buy anything for any price.

What these guys don't understand is that ultimately EVERYBODY benefits from your actions. Even them. Stay in The forum and enjoy the watch. I'll be sure to post a picture one i get my hands on a good 6x

• Exactly, this is fanatic fanboyism. OldAssDude, tess, Indianwin and the rest of you. I realise that you must fuming from the inside right now, because you have just realised that you could have waited a few weeks to get what you paid for, but instead you are stuck with an inferiour product. Now matter how often you mention that you are totally fine with that and it doesn't matter to you.

You obviously didn't read my post or failed to comprehend what you read.  For starters, I've already said I don't even own a Garmin.  I'm still on the fence from switching from Polar.  Secondly, I said after being told to checkout this forum site I noticed there are many threads about this subject.  I'm convinced there's an existing issue.  What I've noticed is there are many users posting the same thing over and over and providing no new information then is needed to be said once.  That's what my post have been about.  You should at the very least have your facts straight before pointing fingers.