Two Sapphire Fenix 6 Pro’s, backlight / contrast issues

I bought two fenix 6’s today, both are the Carbon grey DLC coated with sapphire glass.

Have a look at these photos, my wife's is on the left hand side and mine the right. Her looks very yellow compared to mine which looks far crisper and sharper. Both have backlight set to 50%. 

Any thoughts on if there’s a setting other than backlight that could cause this before I go back to the shop where I bought them?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to shawnfb

And here we go again making people think that this is some massive defect across the whole fenix line, when it is most likely a very small percentage of devices that are out of spec. Not to mention that most cell phone cameras seem to make even the slightest blueish tint a lot more blueish.

This whole subject is actually becoming more amusing each day.

Most people who are serious about there fitness buy this device for the advanced features and as long as they can see their data they are happy.

Good luck finding a device that can even come close to being in the same league as the fenix.

• Amusing for you maybe.  Not so amusing for people stuck with blue watches. 

and the Fenix being a tool for serious athletes is no excuse for shoddy craftsmanship and/or poor quality control. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Mate

And again... anyone has the freedom to contact garmin support for up to a year if they feel their device is defective, so why do you continuously keep saying people are "stucK" with their device?

And I'm sure even after this post you will keep making other posts saying how people are "stuck" with their devices even though they have the right to get their issue resolved (if they have a valid issue).

Like a record that just keeps skipping.... stuck... stuck... stuck... stuck... infinity...

I'm sure many other people find this amusing. Not just me.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

I don't find it amusing, just redundant and annoying. Same tired stuff repeated thread after thread. Beating a dead horse. Boring.

• I really don’t think that it is an issue. I personally think, Garmin is just using display components from different manufacturers. Maybe, there are some faulty displays, but the vast majority will be fine.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

I know. I went through the phase of it being annoying, and have now entered the phase of it being amusing...lol

• That’s a ridiculous statement (sorry), it’s ok to have a major difference in backlight clarity from one unit to another  within a $900.00 watch lineup??  We the consumers keep the manufacturers honest by not tolerating such shoddy quality controls. 

• Apparently since it has 100000 features we shouldn’t care about the thing you use to interact with said features.  

• No matter how much logic you put behind your posts, you are not going to achieve anything. Believe me, it's normal spending ig 1K for a watch and the quality of the backlight of the screen to be totally different. This is the logic by many people in here. Even if you show them the light, they will perceive it as darkness 

• Finally, I managed to purchase the perfect watch for me, on the third attempt. (Fenix 6 Sapphire)

The luck was that the seller had an unsecured one and I tested the buttons (they respond firmly) and I could see the screen before paying it. And I bought it without hesitation and I am extremely pleased. Here some pics at  20% brightness in dark environment. Cheers