Two Sapphire Fenix 6 Pro’s, backlight / contrast issues

I bought two fenix 6’s today, both are the Carbon grey DLC coated with sapphire glass.

Have a look at these photos, my wife's is on the left hand side and mine the right. Her looks very yellow compared to mine which looks far crisper and sharper. Both have backlight set to 50%. 

Any thoughts on if there’s a setting other than backlight that could cause this before I go back to the shop where I bought them?

• All I did, was demonstrating my screen on the new watch.

I am not blaming Garmin for everything, relax. All I am saying is that there is a lack of Quality Control. This is proved not only by the screen issue but with the issues that have been created during updates in the S/W as well.

Before all these posts, there was not a 6X Sapphire found with a screen like the one I got. And there were many many users sharing their screens in the posts. I am glad that all this noise may have changed things. And this proves something good for Garmin....Garmin is listening to complaints.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to George_Solari

You do know it is the fenix 6 right?

Not the fenix 9.

There are probably millions of 6X sapphire's with a screen like yours, and probably less than 1 percent of actual bad screens out there.

It only takes a small handful of people who blow a very small issue out of proportion and make it seems like a big issue. Then other people read it on the internet an the word spreads like wild fire even though it's not a big issue at all. And the fact that most cell phone cameras make it look 10 times worse than it actually is, it turns into what this has become.

You actually think garmin read your posts, stopped all production, and checked every screen to find the perfect one to send to you because of this?

Even after you get the "perfect" screen, you just keep going and going and going and going like the energizer backlight bunny.

Enjoy your "perfect" backlight, and just out of curiosity, do you even use the device for anything other than the backlight?

• You do know that typos occur right? Also, do you think that your comment has something to offer in the conversation?

• First of all you are not in the production procedure to make estimations. I have seen before getting mine at least 10 watches in person all with the issue from initial production lines. 

I believe that something changed in the process, or else I would have seen at least one out of 10 (without estimating the watches shared in here).

As far as your last question if I used the watch for anything other than backlight (I won't take it as irony), today I will have my first training. Sleep accuracy is not that good, yesterday it did not monitor REM sleep at all. A bug in the software assigning badges before occurring, for example I have set sleep time from 2 at night till 10:30 in the morning, I woke up at 09:30 and although I slept 7 and half hours it assigned me a badge of 8 hours sleep. It should have waited till 10:30 and then the sleep time was corrected to 7 and half hours.  That's all for now

Also, I respond when they refer to me...It's not a matter of who has the last word...I don't like to ignore others.

Anyway, you have your opinion I have mine. What matters at the end is that now we are both happy Blush

• Former Member

We will all be happy when you stop posting about your watch. We are happy you have found a good watch,now stop writing about it and go workout. With all due respect.

• I don't understand who you are talking about, each one solves their problem and not someone else's problem.
    So when George writes about his problems, there's nothing wrong with that.
    He appreciates the value of the money he gave for his watch and wants a 100% product for it.

And also take into account that there are people with the same problem and are happy for any information when it is not received from the manufacturer itself.

Personally, I am very pleased for any published information that there is a good display on Fenix 6X.

• You do not have to read posts that do not interest you.
    It is a public forum and each of us right here to write what it needs.

You can create a private forum and it will only be for you. Thumbsup

• Former Member

In his defense you have called it the fenix 9 in multiple places.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to martin

Thanks. I thought this was required reading. You have straighten me out. But my comment was for George not you. You don't need to respond for George do you?