Fenix fenix 6 bugs

Couple of bugs I’ve noticed:

1) Navigation: When routing is set to automobile you only get a straight line to destination, not routed along the roadway....

2) Emergency contacts: I selected a contact from my phone book. The app put the contact on the list within the app but said “add international code before number in phone book”. I’ve done that but app keeps saying it and I cannot delete the selection therefore no way out unless I do a full restore!?

Anyone else found any bugs?

• I think with the straight line is not such a big problem and no issue. Just a decision Garmin made. As far as I know, this happens only with the TopoActive maps, which are made specially for hiking and biking.    

Maybe the setting to automobile caused some strange routing against traffic laws, set automobile avoidances were ignored...? Who knows...

• Yes I was told by a Garmin representative that some of us were getting routed down long alterative routes .... so they removed the feature......the original 5x is effected the most by this decision .. as no map will work with the routings of cars and motorbike.

Anyone tried car routing with an OSM routable map yet on the 6? does it work correctly as it does on the 5x plus.... Or not at all anymore like the 5x.... Also they went for very limited map detail at.0.2 zoom and above.... another recent map change again.... But I have five different maps downloaded that are car routable and work. 

• L60N, It's not a bug. Fenix 5plus and 6 do not support route navigation for automobile with the pre-installed topoactive maps. If you install their CN maps, it works.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Fenix 6X Sapphire
    + Data transfer to iPhone 11 is a process typically involving reboots, bluetooth toggles, and standing on my head
    + Loses workout any time I do a cardio or strength session
    + Freezes and crashes on both ski and hike mode

Gamin has been horrible. They are willing to take the watch back, but are unable to tell me when they can replace it and are unwilling to do anything to try to fill the gap. At this point I would be happy with 10% off any other watch that can keep my data consistent while they figure out what is going on. Customer Service has proven rude and unapologetic.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Fenix 6X Sapphire
    + Data transfer to iPhone 11 is a process typically involving reboots, bluetooth toggles, and standing on my head
    + Loses workout any time I do a cardio or strength session
    + Freezes and crashes on both ski and hike mode

Gamin has been horrible. They are willing to take the watch back, but are unable to tell me when they can replace it and are unwilling to do anything to try to fill the gap. At this point I would be happy with 10% off any other watch that can keep my data consistent while they figure out what is going on. Customer Service has proven rude and unapologetic.
  • Yep I’ve had the first issue as well with the stress not measuring. Sometimes it’ll just decide not to in the middle of the day while sitting at a desk too despite no changes in fit. 

Have tried restarting watch and cleaning back and wrist of sweat but hit and miss on those solutions working. Hopefully a software update will fix. 

Also pulse ox is saying ing it needs an update but connect says everything is up to date...anyone else have this issue?

• Tested today the ski activity... Stucks every lap with auto run.

Switched off every downhill and the final activity missed a lot of runs

• F6x Sapphire: low heartrate issue outside of activity with all Firmwares higher than 3.10 . So it exists since several weeks, and Garmin does not handle to fix it. Absolutely a no go for a Fitness/outdoor watch. 

• - Backlighting issues when the sun is down (it’s difficult to determine the precise moment when the bug occurs) and when the watch is oriented face to the ground (or likewise)

- The second hand or the second digits don’t disappear on an “elegant” manner when the hourly alarm appears. This bug also exists on the Forerunner 935, so since 2017 ... shame on you Garmin to not resolve this bug after so many years!

- The “header” notifications (Connected/Disconnected, battery charging, ...) don’t superpose very well with other screens or notifications. Try to simulate the reception of a lot of notifications when the watch is charging and you will see what I mean and how everything looks ugly on the screen!

- An alarm is created as soon as we push on the “Add Alarm” button, even if we don’t specify the time of it. Push 10x this button and quit immediately and you will create 10 similar alarms at the same time (the latest you specified I think)! Even better: sometimes the watch needs to “update” when we want to add a new alarm. If it occurs, you are just putted off the alarm menu but guess what: a new alarm was created though...

- To many inconsistencies in the French langage pack (bad translations, bad formatting, ...). For example: stopwatches and timers are receiving the same translation (“Chronomètres”) in French, like on the Forerunner 935

Garmin makes me think about Microsoft a few years ago with the launch of Windows 10 Mobile. Users are forced to report bugs that shouldn’t simply exist! The bugs that I’m reporting to are easily detected after a few hours of use of the watch, but lot of them are apparently not resolved after 3 years! My Fenix 6 watch will be my last Garmin watch. Bugs are normal. But bugs like the ones I’m reporting to? No. Garmin simply doesn’t make the necessary efforts for making his software really better. And it’s unacceptable when you see the price of their watches. I excepted far more software quality from the Fenix 6 watch (it’s also the reason why I bought it)...