Time sync off by 7 seconds

Both with GPS or paired phone sync, the time is off by 7 seconds on my fenix 6!

Do others have the same issue?

• Yes I have exactly the same problem, 6-7 seconds slow when compared to phone or GPS time sync, currently using iPhone X on IOS 13.1 Beta & Fenix 6X Sapphire 

• If i'm not being to forward, can you PLEASE upload a photo of the 6X Sapphire box? I've ordered it on the presumption that it has some kind of Titanium on it, at least that was the description of the watch on the website i've ordered it in Italy. Thanks!

• Sir, you are my hero! Thank you! ;)

• Iv'e just done a activity with the GPS activated as suggested by nmyeti and now my time is spot on 

• Yes, something is going on, but I don't know exactly what.  This morning, as is my habit, I casually compared the displayed time on my 6X Pro with my time reference and saw the same thing you did - time was off by approximately 6-7 seconds.  I sync'd using phone and the difference persisted.  I then sync'd using GPS and still had the same difference.  I was a little disappointed, but no big deal - yet.

Then, again as is my habit, I went to review the Garmin forums and found your post.  It was then time to do a little investigation on my own.

My time reference is a LeoNTP Stratum 1 Master Clock / Time server with GPS synchronised clock source which yields nanosecond level accuracy - specs can be found here: LeoNTP Master Clock Quick Specs

For the sake of this comparison, I simply took a picture of the 6X Pro next to the LeoNTP to see if they are within a second or so.  For a more exact determination of time offset, I would need to take a 120 frames/sec video and compare frame-by-frame.

With my 6X Pro still displaying about 6-7 seconds off, I thought it would be a good idea to sync with Garmin Express to make sure I had the latest software.  After doing that, displayed time was about one second slow:

I then performed a Sync using phone and it was still about one second slow:

Finally, I went outside and performed a sync using GPS and the 6X Pro still displayed time about one second slow:

I'm still not happy about the fact that neither a phone sync nor a GPS sync brought the time back in line as a first step this morning.  I will continue to monitor this, but at the same time, it would probably be wise for Garmin to take a look at this.

In the meantime, if you are still observing a 6-7 second time offset, try a sync with Garmin Express to see if that helps.

HTH

• Now it would interesting if it is 1) off consistently by the same amount or if it waves

2) what fraction of a second it is off

this is also largely academic BTW... at max 1 sec off vs a specific dedicated device that is stable, under constant temperature, under constant and monitored power, and in the same position constantly (not to mention has a lot more processing power dedicated to being a watch) is not bad at all

• I agree it is not a big deal, but coming from Garmin the king of GPS systems land sea and air, I find it rather funny.

My Instinct is spot on, my fenix 6 is between 6-7 seconds (GPS or phone sync) and 1 second late after doing a Garmin Express sync.

• What a interesting post, thank you for taking the time (pun intended) to post, I've been using https://time.is as a time reference, please could you compare the LeoNTP Stratum 1 Master Clock with https://time.is to see how they compare  

What I did find is after a 20minute activity with GPS on the time sync was spot on with my Iphone and after I synced with Garmin Connect on Phone the Fenix was then showing 1 sec slow compared to phone and https://time.is