Glass: scratch resistance

Hi,

so seems like the Fenix 6 series have now three types of glass: Gorilla glass, Sapphire glass and "Power glass" (solar). Most probably the Sapphire will be the most scratch resistant glass, but what about "Power Glass"?

• Although the sapphire does darken the display to a certain degree, on the newer fēnix watches the difference is fairly negligible. Additionally, the non sapphire versions have an extra sunlight readable version of gorilla glass but the sapphire is definitely still very clear in sunlight with a tinge more of reflectivity. One advantage of the sapphire in terms of how the display looks is that the black is a truer. The backlight washes out the display less and therefore the sapphire has less blue/purple tint.

• I can corroborate this with testing too

• Late to the party but just returned my Fenix 6 sapphire because of this. Opted for the Garmin Instinct Solar because of the better always-on display and extreme battery life.

• I have had a sapphire crystal Fenix 3HR for almost 5 years now. It has been through the last two years of a policing career, climbed several mountains, been subjected to all the abuse mountain biking and mountain climbing can throw at it. It has never skipped a beat, never let me down and the crystal, despite all that abuse and the dents, scratches and wear on the case, is still scratch free.  I'll buy sapphire again when/if this one ever wears out!