Bezel scratching?

Any thoughts whether these bad boys will suffer from scratches to the bezel like all previous Fenix models?

• Why is it that people buy these watches for working out, adventurous activities and beyond and people are afraid of getting a scratch or 2 on the bezel?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Odie21
    Why is it that people buy these watches for working out, adventurous activities and beyond and people are afraid of getting a scratch or 2 on the bezel?

Some folks buy a Fenix to signal how adventurous and athletic they think they are to friends and colleagues. These folk complain about the colour variation of backlights, whinge about button clickiness and freak out as soon as they put a small scratch on a bezel (which is kind of ironic given the virtue they're looking to signal).

Some folks buy a Fenix because they need a tool that'll get them through a multi-day hike or outlast an ultra. These are those who will take a tumble, look at a scratch on the bezel and think "wow, the watch survived".

This thread is for the former.

Oh and as a side note, I too get upset when I scratch things that are not supposed to take wear (expensive formal watches etc), but the Fenix, that to me and many others is simply a tool, albeit a very cool one, which is being used to achieve a certain objective. That's why you'll have some people struggling to understand the sensitivity around trivial aspects of the Fenix's form and functionality.

• Just don't be clumsy. Some people are better at it than others. It's not about how tough the watch is - anything concrete or brick will leave marks. It sounds simple, but make a conscious effort to avoid your wrist straying too close to walls! If you only use the watch for running, hiking and road cycling there is no reason that you should be bumping your watch against anything unless you are the careless sort, or take a fall. Even my Forerunners I kept immaculate after several years of ownership just by learning to be careful. But as others have said, the DLC models are a good investment to stand the best chance of keeping your Fenix looking pretty.

• My Titanium is still scratch free, for now Slight smile

• I just order the DLC+Sapphire 6X to minimize visible wear and tear. But lets face I intend to use the watch 24/7/365 as I have my 5X Plus. Scratches are part of using the watch. If you run an ultra or climb a mountain you dont want to be worrying about the watch.

• I just order the DLC+Sapphire 6X to minimize visible wear and tear. But lets face I intend to use the watch 24/7/365 as I have my 5X Plus. Scratches are part of using the watch. If you run an ultra or climb a mountain you dont want to be worrying about the watch.

• A few years ago I bought a new bass guitar that was beautiful. (Epiphone Jack Casady Silverburst)

I used it at one practice before taking it out for its first gig. After setting up and tuning I was taking it off over my head and smacked the end of the headstock right into the rather low ceiling. No damage but left a big white mark from the paint/drywall of the ceiling. I was quite upset at first.

But after the drummer laughed and said "Well you knocked the new right off that one" I was okay with it. That was just one of the "character" marks that instrument picked up over the years that never affected it's sound and just showed how much it was used.

I haven't decided whether I'll go with the Carbon Grey DLC or Titanium when I buy an F6. But I know that at some point it will pick up a scratch that will break my heart at first but won't bother me at all after a few minutes.

• What kind of *** logic is that?  I use my Fenix to work, training, and marathons.  It’s not ok that if I tap it on something the paint comes off!!!

• Dude. I’m not overly worried about scratching the bezel. My problem is that the bezel scratches so easily!  It’s ridiculous.  

• Why are you getting annoyed over posts that have been posted OVER TWO YEARS AGO????

Someone please post the "revived zombie thread" meme :-)