Bezel scratching?

Any thoughts whether these bad boys will suffer from scratches to the bezel like all previous Fenix models?

• no mention of improved or different bezel materials in the reviews or specs. Generally I've had good luck with the Fenix models. My 5x is (my dad has it) is still perfect. My 5x Plus is also still mint. 

• The bezel on my back Fenix 5 sapphire is pretty beat up. I'm not particularly hard on it, but I also don't baby it. The glass is still perfect, though.

The black sapphire Fenix 6 supposedly has a dlc coating. I'm really curious if it's better than the black on the pro model.

• my 5x Plus is TI and has the DLC coating and looks great. The 5x i had did not (just standard 5x). Both still look good to me without any scratches but the DLC TI is probably a bit more durable. 

• My worry is around these 'coatings'. If you get the black one and if you scratch it, will it just show the silver steel underneath? It just looks rubbish when that happens. Yes I know you should not baby it, but when you are dropping this sort of cash it needs to be tough. 

• I'm with ya. My Fenix 5 sapphire is currently black with silver highlights due to the silver showing through. I won't drop another $200usd for the dlc if it won't really matter in the long run. I'd rather splurge for the titanium and hopefully just buff out any scratches over time. 

• My worry is around these 'coatings'. If you get the black one and if you scratch it, will it just show the silver steel underneath? It just looks rubbish when that happens. Yes I know you should not baby it, but when you are dropping this sort of cash it needs to be tough. 

It will probably will just show the color of the material below. I don't baby mine, but i also don't wear it while hand jamming. Last time i was out sport climbing I actually wore it all day except for one route that had about 6ft of hand/fist jams. I took it off for that. The Ti DLC still looks new. Not saying you can't scratch it, because if you try hard enough you can and for sure it will reveal the color of the TI underneath. 

My MARQ has a little character mark on it already. No idea how that happened, but at least with that one I can brush it out if it really bothers me. You'd think I'd remember hitting it hard enough to scratch, but one day i just looked down and there it was. 

• This is my 5 after 2 years of wear and tear.

• 5X with roughly 2500-2700 miles on this guy with maybe 15-20 falls over the last 2 years and 24/7 wearing other than to charge it.   Bezel coating obviously has had a toll taken on it but sapphire glass is unscathed. 

• I am more worried about the bezel. Not the sapphire screen which I have confidence is very tough. 

When you pay a premium you want the watch to look good. 

• I have owned basically every color Fenix over the years and consistently worried about the bezel.  Without fail, I'd get scratches on it pretty early on and then have to just live with them.  Last year I decided to finally pony up the $ for the DLC model and WOW what a difference in durability.  I've had many times where I bumped it on a granite countertop, door handle, wall corner, etc and thought "well crap, that's gonna leave a mark!", but to my surprise there was nothing on the bezel.  That doesn't mean it's bombproof, but it is much more durable.   I had a few minor nicks on mine but nothing horrible.  I'd post a photo but recently sold it.  I'll never buy another Fenix without DLC.  Just my personal experience.