Hello Fenix 5/5S/5X Plus users,
Our next beta version for the Fenix 5 Plus series is now available!
The links to download the software update are listed below. Select the link specific to your watch model. Please note that your computer will download a .zip file when you open this link. This zip contains the software update, as well as a folder with the file necessary for backdating software, and instructions for this process if you choose to do so. Remember, backdating software will reset all settings.
Use these links to download the zip for your watch to update to version 18.42:
Fenix 5S Plus
Fenix 5 Plus
Fenix 5X Plus
Instructions for updating software:
- Download the .zip specific to your computer, using the links above.
- Connect the watch to your computer.
- Copy the included gupdate.gcd file (from the System_x.xx folder) to the Primary\Garmin folder on your watch.
- If there is a WiFi_v*** folder, place the gupXXXX.gcd file into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of the device.
- Disconnect the watch from the computer and it will prompt you to update software.
18.42 Change Log Notes:
- Added Connect IQ System 5 support.
- Improved altitude calibration. (See note below)
- Updated to allow up to 55 teeth on rear gear.
- Fixed an issue where bike lights could turn on outside an activity.
- Fixed an issue of receiving multiple inReach lost connection messages.
- Fixed an issue with getting stuck in device pairing mode.
Note: This update includes improvements in altitude calibration. You may notice some changes in the language and settings. You can read more about the current settings here.
Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.
Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible with APAC region devices.
Please email the Garmin Outdoor Quality Team if you find issues in software after installing this update: [email protected]