This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bug: Epix Gen 2 Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Bluetooth often

I have used my Epix Gen 2 in several training activities since it arrived a few days ago. Overall it has been a wonderful experience. 

However, I find that there are occasions where the watch disconnects from my Samsung S21 Ultra and then reconnects within two or three seconds. The behavior happens about three times in a row and then it subsides.

Because it is reconnecting so quickly, I has not posed a significant problem. But, it is odd that it happens. The phone is always on my person when it happens.

The Epix Gen 2 has the latest software update and so does my phone. 

Anyone else experience this?

• I have the problem as well and it's very disturbing. I use a Samsung galaxy note 10.

I used it with my 945 and it always worked well, it is very useful to know when you forgot your phone somewhere and i need it to work properly Disappointed

Is there any timeline for the fix?

• Same problem here... Samsung S21 Ultra ...  suddenly my watch starts to disconnect and connect and the only solution is to turn BT off and on on my mobile and I have a quiet day again

• Epix Gen2, v7.20, iPhone 12 mini, ios14.8, phone connect alerts On

Same issue. At first I figured it was because my phone was in the next room. So I started carrying the phone with me so the watch wasn’t constantly buzzing with Discconected/Connected alerts.  But I’m still getting the alerts with the phone and watch essentially next to each other. The alerts are not as often but still occur. 

edit: as I closed down computer I picked up my active phone with my watch hand, Garmin Connect app open on My Day. A red banner briefly appeared at the top of the screen above my most recent activity. It disappeared too quickly to read entirely or get a screenshot but it essentially said Bluetooth permission required….

• Same here, after 7.24 update my AirPods Pro continuously disconnecting from the watch while doing the activity. Didn't have this problem on 7.20. I don't take the phone with me when I do run, so no influence from phone Bluetooth... Worried

• This was a problem with the 6X.  Garmin’s answer was wear the watch on your other wrist.

Disappointing to hear that they still don’t have this solved.  Maybe they’re going to at least try with the Epix?

One other note, the headphones worked out the gate on the 6X, they broke later likely with the Bluetooth change.  Hope this isn’t something similar because Air Pods Pro users, and a lot of others are screwed if that happens.

• Yes, I do have the same problem... Disappointed This is really an issue, as I have to listen to audio prompts from Garmin Coach training.

• I'm not sure if this is the fix of the problem, but when my AirPods Pro disconnected several times, I went to the "Music Menu > Headphones" and Switched "Status" Off and then On, since then I had no disconnection issue. Try if it helps in your case

• I am experiencing this when I have my watch and earbuds connected to my phone and I do a call. If I am using the earbuds, and the watch Bluetooth keeps connecting and disconnecting nonstop.

• I have not experienced this issue again since 7.24 update. Others?

• I will switch the functionality back on and report what happens on here.