This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New R10 is Not Reading at All (New System Software Available - See Update)

I just received my R10 and it will not register any shots.  I used Garmin Express to make sure it was updated. I deleted the Garmin app on my IOS device and reinstalled it.  My setup is just as it is suppose to be according to the instructions.  It still will not register a shot. 

I installed the E6 software and tried a practice session there.  It connects and says “ready”.  Once I hit it says “calculating”.  It then says “Error! Check if device is connected”. Then it connects again and says “Ready”. 

I have contacted support and they are looking into it.  

Does anyone have a similar issue or a suggestion?

Thanks

• I'm so stoked. After all the early drama with not reading shots, the 3.9 rollout fixed it so I hope most of you have had similar joy. 

I'm also really enjoying the Awesome Golf app. Its linked to the R10 and has an amazing array of options - driving range, club distances, approach shots to a wide range of green distances from 25m to 225 m, and 4 courses for virtual golf (like the E6 Connect) which are fantastic fun. The games they have too are are really smart addition for the whole family to play. The Coaching option in the app is brilliant. Everything you need with great graphics and data to do your own backyard or garage training sessions. David Maxfield Golf on Youtube put me onto the Awesome Golf app. He also has a bunch of videos on R10, the setup, the Fornia net and now the Awesome Golf app. I used his training session videos to increase club head speed in conjunction with the R10 and the results were amazing in just 1 session (in Coaching mode on the Awesome Golf app). Gained 15mph on my 7 iron (80 to 95mph) and 8mph on my 3 wood. 

So, the R10 was well worth the wait and a bit of grief. 

Highly recommend the Awesome Gold app and David Maxfields Youtube videos.

Good golfing everyone.

• I've tried to update my R10 to 3.9 but I get a warning message saying: 'There was an error installing the update'. This happens as soon as I click continue? Is anyone else having/had this problem?

• I found that the firmware update with the phone did not work.  It pretends to work but nothing happens.  I plugged into my PC and the express update program said my firmware was out of date.  I loaded the latest firmware and now the device reports swings properly for the first time. i suspect it needs the power from the PC to complete the operation.  Others reported the device worked when plugged into a battery pack. If the PC update fixes your device, vote this up so others can see it.  Good luck.

• So tried out my r10 today. In my yard hitting into a net. Struggled for an hour where the unit would track 2 out of 10 shots. After tinkering with the placement of the unit i finally moved my mat back about 2 ft more from the net and it tracked every shot. Not sure if this will help. Waiting to try it at the range.