This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New R10 is Not Reading at All (New System Software Available - See Update)

I just received my R10 and it will not register any shots.  I used Garmin Express to make sure it was updated. I deleted the Garmin app on my IOS device and reinstalled it.  My setup is just as it is suppose to be according to the instructions.  It still will not register a shot. 

I installed the E6 software and tried a practice session there.  It connects and says “ready”.  Once I hit it says “calculating”.  It then says “Error! Check if device is connected”. Then it connects again and says “Ready”. 

I have contacted support and they are looking into it.  

Does anyone have a similar issue or a suggestion?

Thanks

• Why Garmin is not publishing an option to downgrade the version so we can use the product in the meantime?

• I bet it’s not a software issue, faulty batch of devices pushed out to quick is my guess..

• I am starting to feel that you are correct. I believe if it were a software issue previous owners would be experiencing the same issue after upgrading.  I’m no software/hardware expert but could we have a bad firmware issue?  No idea

• What makes me think too that it has something to do with the devices which were sold in the last 3 weeks before Christmas is, that here is no one reporting about the problems who has his device since 2 or 3 month. 
    Also in all the YouTube reviews in the last 6 months no one spoke about these problems. 
    Perhaps Garmin changed some Hardware in the last series sold before Christmas due to delivery difficulties and this hardware isn’t working with the actual software or firmware. 
    However it’s needless that hundreds of buyers are discussing for weeks without getting any official statement from Garmin.

• Updated December 29th, 2021:

Software version 3.90 has resolved the shot tracking issue.

Please use Garmin Express on your computer to update your Approach R10 software.

Official announcement: Approach R10 Software version 3.90

• Makes me think its an issue with new internal hardware....downgrading the software will then lead to not recognizing the hardware???   Just my guess here...

• I'm thinking about returning mine (bought at Carl's Golfland).  I'm a bit worried that I just bought this brand new R10 for $600 and now have to wait for Garmin to fix it?  They have no incentive...we've already paid for it.   They just keep shipping more and more and keep raking in the money.  The only way to get their attention is to make it financially uncomfortable for them. 

When I contacted Carl's Golfland I got the typical response "we've never heard of that before". 

• Grinch be working as seasonal at Garmin. Yikes.

Mine's going back already. 

• From Garmin this morning:

We are sorry that your Approach R10 is experiencing issues detecting shots. At this time, we do not believe a replacement device will resolve the issue and are working diligently to resolve this issue. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing in the meantime.
    We hope to hear something very soon this week as the case is in critical so the develop team is working diligently on it.
    Thank you for your patient and sorry for the inconvenience 

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

Emily

Product Support

• I had some success but just about 40 percent success. I learned to bring a tape measure to the driving range to measure 7 feet Also I’ll raise the r10  to  match the height of the driving mat. And concrete isn’t good for the r10 . 7 ft behind ball puts the r10 on the concrete so  I moved the next booth mat behind the mat I was using
    If you use those heated driving range the fans the keep you warm but r10 doesn't like the fans 
    The first time at the at the unheated driving range I had 30 of 35 swings recorded but distances wrong The second time I had 18 out of 105 swings measured. Even with the stolen Mat The heated   Driving range 8 measure shots out 125.

The r10 doesn’t like waggles so you you check to

see you have blinking green before hitting your ball

I think you have to look back and check you good led light showing and on your driving range option on the golf app sometimes ask you to wake the r10 if you don’t reply it won’t record swings. I think this happened to me