This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New R10 is Not Reading at All (New System Software Available - See Update)

I just received my R10 and it will not register any shots.  I used Garmin Express to make sure it was updated. I deleted the Garmin app on my IOS device and reinstalled it.  My setup is just as it is suppose to be according to the instructions.  It still will not register a shot. 

I installed the E6 software and tried a practice session there.  It connects and says “ready”.  Once I hit it says “calculating”.  It then says “Error! Check if device is connected”. Then it connects again and says “Ready”. 

I have contacted support and they are looking into it.  

Does anyone have a similar issue or a suggestion?

Thanks

• Same issue here. Received my R10 yesterday. It successfully pairs with my iPhone, but won’t pick up any shots. 

• I contacted support and they asked that I send them a video of exactly what was happening.  I did and got confirmation of receipt but that was it. 

• Same issue here. Tried it all. Hope to have this figured out soon.

• After playing around with it again yesterday I called support again and walked through my story again.  The guy I talked to was very helpful in getting a new unit sent out to me. I hope to have it before the weekend. 

• I got my R10 yesterday and the same thing is happening.   I've only tried it with the garmin golf app so far.  I go to the driving range and the light starts blinking green.  I hit the ball and it goes solid green almost like its calculating.  It then goes to a solid blue for a couple second and ultimately a white blinking light or as I understand "standby mode".  I've updated on express. Deleted and reinstalled a couple times and I get the same result.  I'm using a android Samsung S9.  I also have garmin looking into it.

• I would call call support.  When I did the first time they told me that others reported the same issue.  I had to call a few times.  The third time I was on the phone for about 45 min. Support was great.  The last time the guy was just re-documenting everything.  I then asked whether a software solution would be pushed out soon or if I could just have a new unit shipped to me. He saw that there were a few units available to handle situations like this so he had one sent out to me.  I had to fill out some information and had the option of paying about $200 as a hold until they got the old unit back and they would ship a new one immediately and once my old unit was received they would remove the charge.  Or I could avoid the charge and they would send a unit out as soon as I sent the defective unit back. I opted to pay.  That was the day before yesterday and I see that it still hasn’t shipped.  

• Got my Garmin today and having same issue. Will flash green and following first swing goes into standby. Can turn the device off then on again to get it to flash green but wont register any shots

• Hmmm. Happy to hear it’s not just me. Received my R10 2 days ago and set it up today. Initial setup per all instructions. No hits recorded. Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Reconnected. Recalibrated. Numerous times. More swings with no recording of any. Unit seems to be doing all the right things (flashing green when ready etc) but just no record of the swing and no data. Puzzling and frustrating. I’ve been at it for 4 hours. Can’t see Santa creating a Christmas miracle here but will call support as this seems to be a common problem. Thanks to all here for your posts which has eased my pain (and mind) a fair bit. 

• I have the same issue that I just received the device today. The device paired with my phone well, but not pick up any of my shots. The light just went from flash green to solid green for a few seconds, after that turned to flash white then to flash blue...I have restarted the phone, re-install the apps and update the software from my PC, nothing is working. I will try to call customer service next Monday.

• My R10 is on it's way back for this as well.  My unit would blink green, then red during swing (busy), then immediately go to sleep (blink white) and not register a shot.  I could hit the hard button and it would wake up and start that pattern over again.  This was all using Garmin driving range app.  It's a little unnerving that so many other seem to this popping up.  Doesn't make me confident that my new unit will be any better.

One note for some to try, is to plug in the device while using it.  I read that in a different thread.  I didn't have power where I was using mine but did try plugging it into a USB battery pack.  In that case, it would stay awake for at least 1-2 shots before going to sleep.  Seems like power is somehow tied to the issue.  

Garmin support has been great, but it's a little frustrating to hear that some have gotten devices expedited to them.  I was told it will be a few weeks to get my replacement, and this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my kids...