R10 distances seem off.

I have been using the R10 for a couple days now and my distances seems way off. Seems very club is approx 20yards short from the range? Is there anything that needs to be done with calibration?

• Just purchased this week 9/09/2022 same issue very accurate outdoors, GW 97 yard reading outside Same GW reads 45 yards indoors on a hard swing

• These kind of messages does nothing to pinpoint any problem..

It would be helpful to get WHY the distance is half indoor.

Different club head speed reading? 

Different ball speed reading?

Different launch angle?

Different spin?

There is no way distance is half indoor with a gap wedge. In my experience these clubs are measured very similar indoor vs outdoor, so I don't believe this to be because of the unit as such.

But without any data in the post it's ecually helpful as to say that Yesterday I was able to walk 10 km, and today I was able to walk only 5. Can You tell me the reason?

• Really don’t know what happened to the software. The device was always working fine since I got it over a year ago, then after the updates started coming out my yardages have dropped by 20-30 yards. I know my yardages based off using trackman, rangefinders and gps. The yardages used to be accurate within 5-10 yards and now they are way off. The ball and club speeds have always seemed slower but that’s not as important data for me. I believe that the spin rates are causing this issue as they are all over the place. The Garmin app is not enjoyable either, e6 is much better for a indoor projector setup but the pricing for add ons in other apps is ridiculous. Might as well market the device as double to triple the price. I really want to love this device but the data accuracy is so off it’s basically useless. 

• Why is club head and ball speed not important?

If the ball speed is lower, the distance calculated will be shorter..

The question here is more if You are swinging slower indoor, or the measurement is wrong.

Seems to me You have found the reason, but I can not tell if You actually are swinging slower, or if the unit measures wrong.

• My home course is a Par 3 100 yards to 220 I have a short irons dialed in pretty well GW off a tee is 90 to 100, off the mat at home into open air 97 yards, indoors off tee on mat 45 yards, it ain't all me. Heck a miss hit outside shank right gets credit for 70 or 80 yards

• Thanks for your meaningless input. Seriously are you a Garmin rep or just a fanboy thats defending them? Maybe you don’t know how to read but the unit used to calculate accurately  and now does not. I never said ball and club head speed are not important but that the spin is the most noticeable noticeably inaccurate number that I believe is impacting data. What is the logic in having a different club head speed indoors? When external conditions are peak optimal why would performance decrease? 

• Tried hitting off tee with irons indoors mat out of the equation, indoor distances still half. Not the mat.

• I have no problems reading Your post.

Only problem is that nothing You post can give me an idea of what is wrong.

Ok, You hit 97 yds outside and 45 yds inside.

And You have a unit that gives You a lot of numbers on Your strokes.

Is it so difficult to compare numbers for a 97 yds shot vs a 45 yds shot?

If You do so You will figure out why one shot is calculated to 97 yards vs another 45 yards.

And then we can start discussion. For now it's pointless.

• There are issues, plain and simple. I have provided plenty of data along with others. Club head speed, ball speed, and spin rates are off. Previous builds worked fine, now they don’t. There is nothing more to discuss. Can’t keep sending users/consumers on fools errands tweaking mats, nets, claiming they swing 50% slower indoor, etc when the root cause here is the device and software/firmware. Garmin reps continue to reply to many other threads but this one is being ignored. It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here. 

• No, I'm not a Garmin Rep or a fanboy.

But without You posting any data it's impossible for me or anyone else having any more or less qualified guess on what is wrong, right?

Ok, You think it's spin. And in the same post You state that club speed and ball speed appears lower.

How much lower? 10 mph equals approx 25 yrds distance, so if it is 10 mph lower it's not insignificant.

Yes, the most likely reason for shorter distance is spin calculation. But again I see no numbers in Your posts.

So sorry, garbage in means garbage out. And if You expect Garmins engineers to figure out what is wrong with their algos based on Your post I have news for You: They wont.