- Where can I report Connect IQ-related issues and feature requests to Garmin?
- What should I do before I report an issue with the Connect I Bug Reports tool?
- What information should be included in a new issue report?
- What should I do if I find my issue has already been reported?
- What happens once an issue has been reported?
Connect IQ developers can report issues to the Connect IQ team with the Connect IQ Bug Reports tool. This tool functions in a similar way to the other discussion forums, but it provides a couple of added benefits:
- Others having a similar issue can upvote an issue to raise Garmin's awareness of the problem
- The Connect IQ team can maintain and update the status of a reported issue to give you some idea about whether we have a plan to fix the problem
- The status tracks the time since the last status change, which should help the Connect IQ team stay accountable
While not a full ticket tracking system, this should be a significant improvement over our past attempts to track reported issues in regular discussion threads, which became difficult to manage!
Before reporting any issues, please be sure to try:
- Updating or Installing the newest version of Eclipse
- Installing the latest version of the Connect IQ SDK and Eclipse plugins
- Updating the software of your Garmin Device (if using physical device)
- Check for existing reports of the issue
- A Descriptive Title (e.g. "Simulator Freezes Launching App in Eclipse")
- The Environment:
- Operating System or Device, including OS or software version of device
- Connect IQ SDK version
- Eclipse Version
- A detailed description of the issue
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- Any applicable additional information
- A code sample that can reproduce the issue
- If you'd rather not share code publicly, please send an email to [email protected] including a link to your new thread and the code sample to reproduce
*Please note that this tool is for reporting Connect IQ-related issues only. Any non-Connect IQ-related issues will be closed and possibly moved to a more appropriate forum.
- Upvote the issue using the voting widget:
- Add any new information about the issue to the existing report as a reply
- Once and issue is reported, it will automatically be in an Under Review state, which means that it is in our queue to be investigated.
- The Connect IQ team will create an internal ticket to verify the issue. At this point, the status will be updated to Ticket Created, and we'll include the internal ticket number in the status comment.
- After an issue has been verified, it will be prioritized within one business week. Prioritization is indicated by one of three status types:
- Coming Soon - This is a high priority issue for which we are implementing the related fix or feature and will include it in a future release
- Future Consideration - This is a lower-priority issue for which we understand the issue and will consider a fix or feature addition in a future release
- Not Planned - This request will not be implemented. This primarily applies to feature requests–the only reason a bug report might not be planned is if it's a bug in a deprecated feature or on an old product that is no longer in maintenance.
- Once a fix or feature has been implemented, we will update the status to Complete and indicate the release in which the fix is available.