- Where can I report Connect IQ-related issues and feature requests to Garmin?
- What kind of issues should be reported?
- What should I do before I report an issue with the Connect IQ Bug Reports tool?
- What information should be included in a new issue report?
- What should I do if I find my issue has already been reported?
- What happens once an issue has been reported?
Where can I report Connect IQ-related issues and feature requests to Garmin?
Connect IQ developers can report issues to the Connect IQ team with the Connect IQ Bug Reports tool. Please note that this tool is for reporting Connect IQ-related issues only. Any non-Connect IQ-related issues (e.g. Garmin Connect, Garmin Connect Mobile, Health API, FIT SDK, etc.) will be closed and we will suggest a more appropriate forum.
What kind of issues should be reported?
Please let us know about anything related to Connect IQ app development and execution, including:
- Problems with the Connect IQ SDK and development tools
- Issues with the Monkey C language
- Problems with the Connect IQ APIs or related documentation
- Inconsistencies between app execution in the Connect IQ simulator and on Garmin devices
- Connect IQ app store problems
- Garmin-published Connect IQ app crashes (typically an 'IQ!' icon will appear on the device screen when an app crashes)
- Device crashes/reboots when running Connect IQ apps
Note that we cannot help address app crashes in apps not developed and maintained by Garmin. The best course of action is to contact the third-party developer using the Contact Developer link on their app's detail page on the app store.
What should I do before I report an issue with the Connect IQ Bug Reports tool?
Before reporting any issues, please be sure to try:
- Updating or Installing the newest version of Eclipse or VS Code
- Installing the latest version of the Connect IQ SDK, Eclipse plug-in, and VS Code extension
- Updating the software of your Garmin Device (if using physical device)
- Check for existing reports of the issue
What information should be included in a new issue report?
- A Descriptive Title (e.g. "Simulator Freezes Launching App in VS Code")
- The Environment:
- Operating System or Device, including OS or firmware version of device
- Connect IQ SDK version
- Eclipse and plug-in version or VS Code Extension version
- Eclipse version or VS Code version
- A detailed description of the issue
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- App source code or a code sample that can reproduce the issue
We may not be able to effectively investigate a problem without the right info, so please provide as much information as possible. We'll follow up on the bug report if we need more information.
What should I do if I find my issue has already been reported?
- Upvote the issue using the voting widget:
- Add any new information about the issue to the existing report as a reply
What happens once an issue or suggestion has been reported?
- Once an issue is reported, it will automatically be in an Under Review state, which means that it is in our queue to be investigated.
- Once enough information is provided, the Connect IQ team will create an internal ticket to investigate the issue. At this point, the status will be updated to Acknowledged.