Why does this tool exist?
For a time we have simply taken reports of bugs from our developers through our general forums. This was effective in the beginning, however, Connect IQ is a growing platform, currently with over 1,000 developers. This growth has no signs of slowing down. It's our intent to provide our developers with the best set of tools possible to develop on our platform. For this we need options that are scalable and easily tracked. Having a unique tool for bug report meets our needs.
Due to the nature of this tool the Connect IQ team will be taking a more active role in moderating the content within it. You can expect us to actively track bugs reported, update threads with new info regarding issues as it becomes available, and actively moderate threads. In this tool it is important that we can gain and provide pertinent information. Any threads not following the rules of the forum may be deleted, closed, or moved to an appropriate forum.
Bug Reporting Rules
- This tool is only used to report Connect IQ bugs. Any general questions will either be deleted, closed, or moved to the appropriate forum.
- Before reporting any bugs please ensure that you have tried:
- Updating or Installing the newest version of Eclipse
- Installing the latest version of the Connect IQ SDK and Eclipse plugins
- Updating the software of your Garmin Device (if using physical device)
- Check the forums for existing reports of the bug
- If a bug has already been reported, add any new information about the bug to the existing report as a reply.
- Bugs reported must contain the following information:
- A Descriptive Title (e.g. "Simulator Freezes Launching App in Eclipse")
- The Environment:
- Operating System or Device (including OS number or Software version of device)
- Eclipse Version
- A detailed description of the issue
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- Any applicable additional information
- A code sample that can reproduce the issue (in email only if preferred)
- Once bug is created please send an email to [email protected] including a link to your new thread and the code sample to reproduce
Once we receive the email, we will create a ticket, verify the issue, and prioritize the ticket. Each ticket is unique and some will take priority over others depending on the severity. However, each ticket should be prioritized within one work week (usually shorter--exception for observed work holidays).
We are excited to ramp up our ability to better serve our developers when it comes to our bug reporting and tracking abilities! Thank you all so much for the time, effort, and help in continuing to shape the fastest growing Smart Wearable platform on the market.
How to Use This Tool