Acknowledged

venusq2 device file incomplete?

Have updated device files through sdk manager, but received an exception during drawBitmap2 in the sim, and noticed the venusq2 compiler.json seems to be lacking an imageFormats section.

Parents
  •  I have a confirmation that this bug affects not only simulator but also some real devices - FR165 and Venu SQ2. It works on my FR165, but crashes for other users on drawBitmap2 (different firmware?).

So, now it is a "catch 22" situation: some FR165 and Venu SQ2 support drawBitmap2, but don't support packingFormat="png" for some reason. Worst part is that there is no way for us to identify the problem and avoid executing drawBitmap2. Now the apps using drawBitmap2 on FR165 will fail with:

Error: Unhandled Exception
    Exception: Source must be native color format

Is there a workaround for this issue?
Comment
  •  I have a confirmation that this bug affects not only simulator but also some real devices - FR165 and Venu SQ2. It works on my FR165, but crashes for other users on drawBitmap2 (different firmware?).

So, now it is a "catch 22" situation: some FR165 and Venu SQ2 support drawBitmap2, but don't support packingFormat="png" for some reason. Worst part is that there is no way for us to identify the problem and avoid executing drawBitmap2. Now the apps using drawBitmap2 on FR165 will fail with:

Error: Unhandled Exception
    Exception: Source must be native color format

Is there a workaround for this issue?
Children
No Data