Complete
over 2 years ago

VVA4-4688

By Design

onExitSleep not being called on VA4

A user has reported that using a glance gesture does not work properly for my watchface on his VA4 - I've tested it in the simulator (on VA4) and also on my own watch (Fenix 5X+) and everything seems fine - so I think it must be a problem in the firmware which is not calling onExitSleep() when the gesture is activated.

This is his post & my replies describing the problem: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/showcase/213203/watchface-m2/1023903#1023903

And these are some other posts of similar things happening in the past on other watches:

Parents
  • I currently have the same problem with my new VA4 on 4.90

On watchfaces with a gesture activated feature it doesn’t work. Although the gesture backlight activation works just fine!

Also I found out that by activating the gesture and then pressing the (B) back button on my watch I can trigger the watchface gesture feature (most of the time).

Comment
  • I currently have the same problem with my new VA4 on 4.90

On watchfaces with a gesture activated feature it doesn’t work. Although the gesture backlight activation works just fine!

Also I found out that by activating the gesture and then pressing the (B) back button on my watch I can trigger the watchface gesture feature (most of the time).

Children
No Data