Complete
over 4 years ago

Garmin Connect Mobile 4.22 for Android includes the changes to allow HTTP on 127.0.0.1.

Connect version 4.20 broke local http access?

Getting several reports of functionality no longer working, it looks like Android Garmin connect app version 4.20 may have broken web request to local host via urls like http://127.0.0.1:17580/sgv.json?count=3

Parents
  • My team communicated all use cases described in this thread, and the decision made was to only allow HTTP requests to localhost through GCM. I understand that this does not address all use cases.

GCM releases typically occur on a monthly basis (though there are sometimes hot fixes). Based on the information available to me, we're planning to include the change in 4.22 release, which should be available later this month.

Comment
  • My team communicated all use cases described in this thread, and the decision made was to only allow HTTP requests to localhost through GCM. I understand that this does not address all use cases.

GCM releases typically occur on a monthly basis (though there are sometimes hot fixes). Based on the information available to me, we're planning to include the change in 4.22 release, which should be available later this month.

Children
  • Hi Brandon!

Thanks a lot for your support: we know that you're the one giving a step forward representing your company, which is a bit unfair given the scope of your team.

Let's hope that your company's awareness increases a bit and that your company moves a bit faster fixing this kind of issues.

Let's also hope that the fix is actually available at the next release.

Thanks!

• Hi Brandon, 

thx for the transparancy. Your help is much appreciated. I understand the remaining problem must be fixed by another team and they made another decision. which does not help a lot of use cases in this thread and the original thread i opened for the other use cases (forums.garmin.com/.../903892 on which a colluegue of you refferred to that issue would be tracked using this thread.

Since i now understand that problem is not fixed and we need another garmin team to fix it. How can we get this other team to respond substantively on the arguments and points made in this thread? Shall we repost in another part in this forum (if so: where should we put it?) or is there another way to get in contact with that team?