Under Review
over 1 year ago

bug with HAS or inline SYMBOL on venusq and maybe other devices

One venuSQ user reported that the battery stopped working. After few tests I have found that there is a bug with HAS or SYMBOLS.

This code 4.2.4/win10/eclipse on sim/venusq:

var

Symbol_getBB = :getBodyBatteryHistory;

lg("getInitialView :getBB1=" + :getBodyBatteryHistory + " hasBB=" + (Toybox.SensorHistory has :getBodyBatteryHistory));

lg("getInitialView :getBB2=" + Symbol_getBB + " hasBB=" + (Toybox.SensorHistory has Symbol_getBB));

shows

getInitialView :getBB1=symbol (8391839) hasBB=false

getInitialView :getBB2=symbol (8391839) hasBB=true

so I don't try to read BB to not allow to exception and show no data.

on f7 (on my real device there is no problem):

getInitialView :getBB1=symbol (8391839) hasBB=true

getInitialView :getBB2=symbol (8391839) hasBB=true

Parents
  • I had always assumed that the compiler's api level option did nothing since the UI was removed in VS Code

I had assumed that the minApiLevel manifest setting was equivalent to the command line option - but from my testing that's not the case.

For example, System 6 is 3.4 / 4.2 (for CIQ 3 devices and CIQ 4 devices, respectively) so it isn't possible to select a min API level which includes System 6 devices and only System 6 devices

That doesn't sound good. In fact, looking at api.mir, it does seem that the presence/absence of api entries (ie methods and classes) is predicated on "minSdk" - which seems to be an api level, rather than an actual sdk version, as far as I can tell. Does that mean that features aren't associated with system 6 per se? Looking through api.mir, there are a bunch of things with minSdk=4.2.0, and a few things with minSdk=3.4.0. Does that mean the things marked 3.4.0 work with 4.1.0 (ie they don't require system 6), while the 4.2.0 features only work on CIQ 4 devices with system 6?

Comment
  • I had always assumed that the compiler's api level option did nothing since the UI was removed in VS Code

I had assumed that the minApiLevel manifest setting was equivalent to the command line option - but from my testing that's not the case.

For example, System 6 is 3.4 / 4.2 (for CIQ 3 devices and CIQ 4 devices, respectively) so it isn't possible to select a min API level which includes System 6 devices and only System 6 devices

That doesn't sound good. In fact, looking at api.mir, it does seem that the presence/absence of api entries (ie methods and classes) is predicated on "minSdk" - which seems to be an api level, rather than an actual sdk version, as far as I can tell. Does that mean that features aren't associated with system 6 per se? Looking through api.mir, there are a bunch of things with minSdk=4.2.0, and a few things with minSdk=3.4.0. Does that mean the things marked 3.4.0 work with 4.1.0 (ie they don't require system 6), while the 4.2.0 features only work on CIQ 4 devices with system 6?

Children
No Data