Watchface: Data Lover

A watch face featuring:
  • a readable time font
  • sun events
  • active statistics (heart rate / steps / stairs)
  • YAHOO! weather & forecasts.
Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b...4-169e581df99c

• When should sun event times update? Midnight? Later the day? Sunrise must be a few minutes earlier, sunset a few minutes later. And that didn't happen since yesterday. 5:57/20:46 yesterday has been shown today too. Reinstalling now 5:55/20:48. Tomorrow should be another time. I don't think that it is a problem of my FR 235 because another watchface with sun events worked fine. Even if my location would be completely wrong there shouldn't be the same times tomorrow.
  • yeah the fenix doesn't like the yellow I assign to it apparently, in the next version the color for the day will be customizable.

I reinstalled this watch face and the yellow color for daytime worked fine for the default Brussels location. It stopped working when I got a GPS fix for my location (USA, West Coast).
    There is a little yellow but it is very small. Could the watch face be miscalculating am vs pm? It looks like the yellow stops at 8am even though sunset today is 8pm.
  • It's 0:45 and I still see yesterday's sunrise/sunset times, 5:55/20:48. Today it should be something like 5:53/20:51 (my weather app on my phone shows that). Obviously it's not working. So it's rather useless.
  • Understand your weather app might be using a slightly different location for sunrise/sunset, such as the town center or nearest airport vs you, a bit away from that. Also, as you are just seeing minutes, the actual difference could actually be seconds with rounding and all. Also, the difference for the same location, based on where you are, etc, could be less than a min/day. I'd say, give it a couple days
  • When do you think you’ll have an updated version for the Fenix 5X? I am experiencing the same color issue with my watch not showing a color for the daytime.

going forward on timothy's reply the choice of color does not seem to be the issue.

I reinstalled this e watch face and the yellow color for daytime worked fine for the default Brussels location. It stopped working when I got a GPS fix for my location (USA, West Coast).
    There is a little yellow but it is very small. Could the watch face be miscalculating am vs pm? It looks like the yellow stops at 8am even though sunset today is 8pm.

could you provide me with a fit file of a short walk in your region (use download original in garmin connect, you can pm the file to me)? maybe i can spot something then.
  • Understand your weather app might be using a slightly different location for sunrise/sunset, such as the town center or nearest airport vs you, a bit away from that. Also, as you are just seeing minutes, the actual difference could actually be seconds with rounding and all. Also, the difference for the same location, based on where you are, etc, could be less than a min/day. I'd say, give it a couple days

It is not the difference between my home and the airport. It is that I see two days the same times. When I reinstalled the watchface yesterday I got the new times for the day. So there was a little change. The watchface is not able to fetch the new times itself Only if I reinstall it.
  • going forward on timothy's reply the choice of color does not seem to be the issue.

could you provide me with a fit file of a short walk in your region (use download original in garmin connect, you can pm the file to me)? maybe i can spot something then.

PM sent.
  • I noticed that my date format automatically toggles between the format pictured and the format shown on the connect IQ page. Is this by design or a potential bug?community.garmin.com/.../1341818.jpg
  • it's by design to change the date format to a short format if the long format does not fit (it depends on the width of the weather condition)
  • Released Data Lover 3.0.3:
    - Added hr option for fields for d2 bravo and d2 bravo titanium
    - Added option to customize color in the top gauge of the "day" (defaults to yellow)
    - Added datatype checks to hopefully avoid the IQ! error that was reported by a user
    - Fixed ordering of sun events